The Fire

The smoke poured into my throat and lungs as the fire roared through my house. I was crawling down the hall when I caught the glimpse of my mom pulling her way through the fire. I stopped and waited for her, I could hear her panting from the heat and smoke. I pulled her by myself through the front door and out into safe territory. I saw my dog waiting by a tree and I was happy to know that my mom, my dog, and I were safe, but I was really nervous that I didn't see my dad. I heard fire engine alarms racing down the street. I was relieved when I saw them, hoping the would find my dad. They all ran in with no regrets, while 2 men maned the water hose. A couple minutes after they ran in, they found my dad. He was passed out and they rushed to get him to a hospital. My mom and I took the next ambulance which arrived in the next minute or so. The nice nurses checked us out and said my mom and I were fine just a little scratched up, but my dad wasn't so lucky. He was still asleep, but his heart was racing.

He had asthma when he was little and the smoke wasn't helping his matter. All of a sudden my dads eyes fluttered open and I felt my eyes tearing up faster then a Lamborghini could ever drive. I leaped over to my dad and have him the biggest hug I could/ would ever give anyone. The doctor said that he was very lucky that he got out early enough and if he was in there at least another 2 minutes he would have surely died. When the doctor finally gave him the okay we went back to grab our dog Lillie and make sure she was okay.