Chapter two

· Lost Memories ·

My eyes fluttered open and once again I was in the same unfamiliar room.My head was hurting, so many things were going through my mind and I couldn't think right.

Why am I in here? What is going on? Is all I wanted to know.I tried getting out of the bed, but my legs were to weak to move.

"I see your up?"A voice said making me jump.A tall lady wearing a uniform came into the room.

"HI.I'm Doctor Lee and you must be Mackenzie right?"

I remained silence.Who was this Mackenzie? Pain entered me as a video played.

    ·······Flashback·······

I sprung up breathing very deeply.I looked around in the unfamiliar room.

"Your awake! Mom she's awake!"A girl with long brown hair that went a little bit pass her rib cage.

She looked very tired and sleepy.

"Oh my gosh! Mackenzie are you all right?"A brown haired lady asked me.

"Who is Mackenzie? Who am I? Where am I?"I had asked, before falling into sleep again.

  ····Flashback Over····

"Mackenzie? Are you okay"Doctor Lee asked me sounding concerned.I remained silent not wanting to talk and communicate.

"Mackenzie I am just here to talk to you.I am trying to help you.You have to work with me here"

I don't say anything at all.What is going on? Why can't I remember anything? That's when I break and burst into tears.

"What is wrong with me? I don't know anything? Where am I? Who am I? What is going on? Who is Mackenzie? Why can't I think or remember anything? I'm so stupid!"I cry, bursting into tears.

Why does everyone know me, but I don't know me.

"Your not stupid Mackenzie"Said Dr.Lee.

"I'm not Mackenzie!"I scream at her making her flinch.I bury my head in my hands crying.Look at me.I am a monster.

"Make- I mean sweetheart just calm down and take a deep breath"She says, trying to calm me down.Wiping my tears, I sit up straight and look her in the eye before saying,"What's going on?".

"It seems to me Macke- I mean sweetheart, that you have a disease called Alzheimer. People that have Alzheimer get  protein and fiber that prevent the cells from working properly"She explains.

"When this happens, the cells can't send the right signals to other parts of the brain"

"Will I die?"I asked sounding worried.

"No you won't die.It's just that you will forget everything in the past and you won't remember how to do stuff or anybody or yourself"Dr.Lee assures me.A tear escapes down my cheek.

I won't know how to do anything.I felt really dumb.Why does this have to happen to me? Why.What did I do wrong?! If I did anything I'm sorry.

"How did this all happen?"

"You were in a car accident with your mom and sister.

Luckily you guy's were safe"She said.

"Luckily I lost my memory and you say that's good?"I ask,sounding shocked.

"Mackenzie it could have been much more worse.You and your family could have died"

"But we didn't.The only one that got hurt was me"

"Your sister broke her arm and your mom smashed her head, but luckily it didn't break"

"There injuries weren't as bad as mines.I lost everything.I have nothing and I know nothing"

We remained silent.

"Tell me about myself.Who am I?"

"I'm afraid I can't do that, but I can only tell you some things about you.I know that your real name is Makenzie Francess Ziegler.You have one sister, two half brothes, a mom, step dad, and two dogs",

Doctor Lee informed me.I sighed.

There all lies.It's not true.I don't have a family whatever that means.I closed my eyes at least trying to remember something, but nothing.

Who am I?

Where am I?

What is going on?

"I think you should get some rest Macke- sweetheart and this bag right here has your stuff.If you need anything just press that button and the bathroom is right there"

Doctor Lee got up and left the room.Mackenzie is not my name.My name is Ariyah.......Smith! Yup! That's my name!