Chapter four

As I stopped about a block away from the warehouse, I felt a gust of wind as Kara landed beside me.

"Man, bad guys sure do like abandoned warehouses." She said as she caught her breath.

"Yeah." I said as I tried to get a good look of the place.

"Hello! Earth to Barry." She said waving her hand in front of my face as she giggled.

I snapped back into focus and looked at her as my face got red in embarrassment.

"Let's just go catch the bad guy."

"Okay." She said still laughing.

I grabbed her shoulders to calm her down. "Seriously Kara, we need to protect National City."

She took a deep breath and nodded. "You're right. Who knows what this guy is capable of." We both walked towards the door and stopped in our tracks. There was a rotten human skull as a knocker.

I laughed awkwardly. "Ahem.. Uh- Ladies first." I waved my arm from her to the door.

"Ha ha." She said sarcastically.

"I'm being dead serious right now." I said.

"Ugh. Scaredy cat." She said as she playfully punched my arm. "Come one. Let's go." She opened the door and ushered me in. "At least a glance at this guy would be nice. Maybe a picture."

"Right." I said as I took out my camera. "Let's just get a picture of him and get out of here. This place is creepy."

"Deal." Said Kara.

We heard a crash behind us and turned around.

"Looking for me?" The enraged kryptonian yelled.

"Now Barry! Take the picture!" Kara yelled.

I fumbled with the camera, but managed to get a clear shot. "Ah ha! Got it!" I said in excitement.

"You may know who I am, but you'll never know what!" He yelled maniacally. His feet glowed red, and he pumped his fist and shot through the ceiling.

"No!"