Update: 1/20/2017

It has been a few months since this incident, and a few things have changed.

Since that night, I've gotten my hands on a small tactical flashlight, a few days after that day. However I am unsure as to where it has gone as I took with me to my mother's house and left it behind. Luckily my father's work sells them and I am planning on purchasing another, along with a small pocket knife.

Second, I'm in a relationship with a young man whom I've explain the events of that night to. He understands my fear, and has helped to calm me slightly to push off the still lingering paranoia. Also, in a way he helped to lessen the chance of me being looked upon at night. He unfortunately had a migraine when he came to visit me once, and as my room is one of the only few that get direct sunlight in the summer, I hung a large wolf blanket up over my window to help. I still have it there, as it is large enough that I have to move it aside to look outside.

However, this is where it starts to get weird. One night, while he was visiting me we started talking about the 24th. He asked me to describe what I had seen that night again, so I did. My boyfriend asked me, "Did it seem solid? Or was it static, or like a shadow being casted?"

Raising my eyebrow, I shook my head. "No. It looked like someone was outside my window. Completely solid."

"Did you ever see their face?"

Again, I told him no.

He was silent for a minute, and I knew the look on the face. My boyfriend was trying to decide if he was going to tell me what he really thought it was.

"What?" I asked.

It took a few moment before he said, "I think it might have been a shade."

That took me by surprise.

For most of my life, I've always known that I was sensitive to the emotions to others, as I learned my boyfriend was as well, but not once did I consider it could have been something other than human.

Before this moment I had never heard of a shade, but it made sense. Whatever was outside my window had been silent, unmoving, but I had felt it's eyes on me the entire time. From what my boyfriend explained to me, and from my own research, a shade is a being that latches itself to a person, following like a shadow hence the name. It's purpose, is not a pleasant one. These things apparently feed off of the energy of those that they are attached to, bringing nothing but negativity to them and feeding off of it. According to my boyfriend, he believes that the shade had learned of me and that I was sensitive, so it decided to check me out, and that it is not the only thing around me.

Luckily, after a little bit of looking I learned that my house is protected. Nothing is in my home, and nothing is able to get in. While this put my mind at ease, something in my gut is not. If this thing was able to look in on me, what else might? And why did it leave? What would it have done had I not woken up?

Up until this date, nothing has happened similar to the 24th. I've started being a bit more cautious with how far I let my senses reach, how I react, but my paranoia is not as strong as it was to begin with.

All I know, is that this thing knows that I know it's there, and there's no way this is over.