Chapter 1

After going to the bathroom, you jumped straight to bed. It was fairly late and you would rather not be tired on your most important day! After all, tomorrow would be the opening of the coffee shop you and Jaehee founded. You had been so happy that day, at the RFA party, when Jaehee offered to open it with you. You had almost mistaken it for a proposal! From that point on, you both worked hard, hand in hand to make the project as successful as possible. And tomorrow, it would finally be the day where your new life would unfold!

Tucked in, you closed your eyes and searched desperately for the well-needed slumber. You couldn't stop imagining all the possible scenarios that might occur the next day. What if something went wrong? What if YOU did something wrong? You wouldn't stand Jaehee being disappointed in you. You would do anything in your power to avoid it. After all, that woman was very special to you.

Suddenly, you were thrown out of your deep thoughts by your awfully loud ringtone. You grabbed your phone which had been clumsily thrown on your nightstand and was threatening to fall on the ground at any second. You logged in the group chat and saw that Jaehee was texting. And while you were thinking about her! What a coincidence! "It must be destiny!" you thought. You entered the chatroom and read your dear Jaehee's messages.

Jaehee Kang: I was going to bed, but I decided to check my messages before that. Of course everyone is sleeping.

Jaehee Kang: Maybe I should do so as well.. ;;

She sounded unwell, stressed maybe? You felt concerned for her and immediately wanted to make sure she was ok. But, you also realised it was almost midnight. You had already seen Jaehee's messages, so it would be rude to just suddenly leave and not be of any help. You decided to keep her company for a while. "Not for long.." you told yourself, while, not so deep inside, you really wanted the conversation to last.

MC: Are you okay Jaehee?

Jaehee Kang: Oh, MC!

Jaehee Kang: Shouldn't you be sleeping at this hour?

MC: I can't, I guess I'm just too excited for tomorrow!!

Jaehee Kang: Glad I'm not the only one. ^^

Jaehee Kang: We had a lot to do for this project, but I really enjoyed working on it with you. Every second of it.

You blushed. Read the text a second time. Blushed harder. You quickly wrote a reply on your phone, erased it, rewrote it, erased it again, again, and again, .. You were extremely flustered and had no idea what to say in this situation. You didn't want to sound too happy about it, even though you were brimming with delight. You didn't want to seem like you didn't care about it either. Oh, the impossible balance.

Jaehee Kang: It's funny how, not so long ago, just talking about my work was a cause of stress. Now, what I do brings me so much happiness.

Jaehee Kang: All thanks to you.

Jaehee Kang: Thank you very much, MC. For all you did for me.

You were trembling, desperately trying to type something coherent on your phone, but anything that came out of your frenzy came off as weird or awkward. "Ahh, why does she have to be so sweet like that??? It's unbearable!" you whimpered, still not calm enough to send a normal answer.

Jaehee Kang: I'm really happy to have such a caring friend staying by my side. I wanted to make sure I reminded you of how much you mean to me.

You looked at your phone, shoulders sinking. "Ah. Yes. Of course. She meant it like that." you whispered to yourself. You lay down on your bed, letting out a heavy sigh. Your hopes had been sky-high this time. For a second there, you actually considered confessing your feelings.

Finally, you stood up and checked your messages again. This was a stupid reaction. You acted as if you were disappointed, but, in fact, it couldn't be farther from that. You were really glad. Glad Jaehee thought so highly of you. Glad the person you loved so much appreciated you too, whether it was as a friend, or as a romantic partner. You were happy. And she was happy too. It was all that mattered.

Jaehee Kang: Oh, look at the time. I got carried away talking to you. I can't help feeling more relaxed after having a conversation with you.

Jaehee Kang: I would really like to talk some more with you.

Jaehee Kang: However, I would advise you to go to bed soon, it is very late after all.

Jaehee Kang: I will do the same.. If I manage to get some sleep ;;

You sighed again. This time, you had been dissapointed for real. You knew she was right and that it was the right decision, but your need to talk to her was greater than that. She wasn't the only one who benefited from talking together after all.

MC: Ok, I'll try. Good night Jaehee! See you tomorrow!

Jaehee Kang: Good night!

Jaehee Kang: And sweet dreams. ^^

- MC left the chat -
- Jaehee Kang left the chat -

You hesitated.

- MC joined the chat -

MC: Also, sorry for not saying it sooner, but I feel the same.
MC: <3

- MC left the chat -

Not wasting another second you listened to Jaehee's advice and jumped back into your bed, throwing your phone at the other side of the room. You couldn't believe you wrote that! "SHE IS GOING TO READ THAT. EVERYONE WILL, MC, YOU DUMBASS!" you shouted, embarrassed. But what was done had been done and you couldn't go back. "Curse Seven, he really should've programmed a way to erase messages.." you thought, this situation reminding you of the idea Jaehee had once proposed. It had never seemed more brilliant than now.

Burying your face in your pillow, you tried forgetting the accident and falling asleep. You failed in the first, but found success, as well as energy, in the second.

~  ~  ~

First actual chapter! Told you it would be longer :3 Again, feel free to be a good critic and help me improve. I haven't written much of the next chapter so I don't know when I'll be able to post it, sorry ;;