Author's Note

"Blood is no bond

"Blood is no bond."

An assassin should have no loyalties to no one but herself, she thought different, and that was her gravest mistake. Maja is a descendant of a once-great empire built by Therian's - shape-shifting beasts now reduced to simpering slaves. An escapee of that fate as a child, she now earns her keep as one of Solaria's deadliest assassins. And as a result, her life revolves around death and the bounties on her head.

Sold by an unexpected dealer to a general, there is no escaping punishment for her innumerable crimes. Unless she can wager a deal: use her skills to become the bodyguard for the most dangerous family in Solaria.

In a land where secrets hide and lies make themselves known, Maja will find herself caught in a web spun from decades of deceit and broken trust. And she must soon realize who the real beast is, before they decide that it's her.

WARNING: this story is rated mature for containing graphic depictions of violence, gore, character deaths, coarse language, abuse, slavery, and a whole heap of other things that may make people uncomfortable

WARNING: this story is rated mature for containing graphic depictions of violence, gore, character deaths, coarse language, abuse, slavery, and a whole heap of other things that may make people uncomfortable. Be warned.

*this is an UNEDITED FIRST DRAFT so there will be spelling and grammar errors scattered about.