xxiii

When it was almost 3 pm, naghanda na kami para sa first activity na gagawin namin. Nagpumilit yung iba na magsando kasi nga gusto daw nila magpa-tan. Agad naman kaming umayaw ni Kim, obviously. Thankful na kami sa kung ano'ng meron kami. Remember, something too much is also not good. Buti nalang at pumayag ang iba naming team mates na magsuot kaming dalawa ng simple shirt paired with shorts.

Nang marating na namin yung meeting place, napansin kong marami rami nang athletes ang present. Some of them were trying to build sand castles, chatting, and taking selfies. One thing I like about this resort is they have mats where people could sit comfortably and naupo naman kami sa mga 'yon.

"What do you, girls, want to do while waiting for the others? Suggest naman kayo, please. Bored na kasi ako rito." Narinig kong sabi ni Justine. Napatingin naman ako sa kanya. Nabatukan tuloy ni Carol.

"Pinagsasabi mo dyan, Justine. Alam mo namang we're here to interact with our other co-athletes. And also, konti nalang ang time ang natitira before mag 3 pm." Narinig kong sagot ni Carol. Natawa nalang kaming lahat.

"Sabi ko nga, Ate Cars." Justine replied sarcastically at Carol's remark.

Naisipan ko nalang na sumingit muna sa usapan nila. "Girls, as for now, let's just gather around here. Para as one pa rin tayo if the camp coordinator will call our group." I said, loud enough for them to hear my announcement.

"Okay, Ate." I heard my younger team mates replied. On the other hand, the bullies were busy talking to one another. I guess, they're planning to pull out a stunt once we will be back in our own cabin. Knowing them, they will probably convince me to join their plan. And I know I can never say no to them. Bullies get what they want.

The volume of the noise emitted by the people around me lowered, it was weird. I scanned the surroundings to know the reason behind it--- only to find the camp coordinator with his assistant standing near the side where the Lady Smashers were settled.

The camp coordinator cleared his throat first before he began telling us his instructions. "Good afternoon, everyone. As a continuation to my earlier announcement, an activity will be done involving all of the sports team. To give you an idea of what  you're about to do, Miss Velez will read to you the mechanics of the activity."

His assistant took over the floor and started reading the mechanics of the first activity that we are about to do. So, basically, after listening to what she had just said, we are going to play 'beach soccer'. One of the twists of this game is we are not allowed to wear any footwear. I really got excited because the said event is something new to me. I am really not the type of person who loves to play soccer, but there's this one soccer player that I admire the most---Lionel Messi. I already know for a fact that he's famous in the soccer world, but how can you not fancy him for his talent when it comes to playing his sport.

Anyways, going back to the first activity, Miss Velez also announced our groupings. Since there's seventy-two of us, we were grouped into 12 teams which consist of six members. We were also given a 20-minute break in order for us to be able to discuss things with our teammates.I patiently waited for my name to be announced. I then found out that I belong to group 5 together with Kianna. Some of my group mates came from different sports teams. We gathered around and had a talk regarding our positions and what strategies are we to apply later in our match against our opponents later. While we were suggesting what strategies would best fit in this type of game, we were also able to get to know one another more.

The activity had already started 30 minutes ago. The duration of each match is only 10 minutes. We were enjoying ourselves by watching the other teams' match. This activity is surely fun. I suddenly felt the need to drink something cold. Damn it, I'm thirsty. I stood up from my seat and told Kianna that I'll get myself a drink since I need one. I told her that I will immediately be back as soon as possible.