Chapter 10: The Matthews Family

The Matthews Estate was by far the prettiest home I'd ever been to. It was kind of a given, since their home was decorated by the world's top interior designer herself, but one cannot help but notice this stunning house.

Literally, if there was a definition for "Matthews Estate" it would say: (n) 1. a stunning home; 2. a beautiful home; 3. a gorgeous house.

Noah was giving us a tour of his house the next morning, which was Sunday, the day after we went to the mall. The what is now called "the mall thing," a name made by Alex, was a nearly forgotten subject. None of us wanted to discuss our little mall escapade. We were just waiting for the punishment that one of our parents were going to give us, but the coast had been clear so far.

"So is this the place that you escape to during weekends?" Alex asked Noah.

"Yeah, I come back here every weekend because my mom wants me home at least one day a week," Noah replied. We were walking through a hallway and were about to turn into a room. "And here's the kitchen."

And holy snapperdoodle. The kitchen was like heaven. New and shiny appliances, the cabinets looked freshly polished, and the counter tops—don't even get me started on the counter tops.

"Whoa," I muttered. The kitchen was absolutely stunning, and I admired the room of heaven. I mean, if the kitchen looked so nice, then the food inside the cabinet had to be great.

Noah grinned at my admiring of his kitchen. "Well I'm guessing you guys are hungry, so what would you like to eat?"

He opened the fridge, and my guesses were proved right as the fridge was filled with a bunch of different foods. I swear, my mouth watered, and drool was dipping out of my mouth.

Well, maybe not the drool thing, but my stomach was definitely starting to grumble. Grumbling meant hungriness, and my mind went immediately to pancakes.

I poked Noah on his arm. "Can you make pancakes?" I opened one of the cabinets and saw chocolate chips. I took it out of the cabinets and waved it in his face. "Can you make pancakes with chocolate chips?"

"Sure, little smurf." He looked toward Alex, and nodded toward the fridge.

Alex shook his head and said, "Nah, I'll just have what she's having." Noah nodded at that and started to get the materials for pancakes.

Both of us sat at the counter while Noah cooked. Small talk was exchanged across the three of us, and it was a pretty nice moment, until someone made a grand entrance and came in.

"Well look what we have here-is that the Chase twins I see?" an unknown person said, though I was pretty sure I recognized the voice.

I quickly turned around and noticed one of my favorite people in the world standing there.

"Oh my goodness!" I exclaimed in shock. "Tristan!"

There stood Tristan, looking as cocky as ever with his arms crossed against his chest. He was taller from the last time I saw him, probably towering over Alex by a couple of inches. Standing there with his trademark smirk, his blinding pearly whites contrasted with his jet black hair. Of course, he was wearing the usual leather jacket, and he had a bright aura filling the room that always pushed a smile onto my face.

Tristan chuckled and leaned against the wall. "Yes, Z. I am Tristan in case you've forgotten." I was still sitting on my seat in shock. He raised an eyebrow at me. "So what, you're not going to give me a hug?"

That snapped me out of my senses, and I ran over to him and jumped on him, clinging onto him like a koala. "I missed you so much! What in the world are you doing here, T?"