Chapter 1

[Kylie's POV]

Beep. Beep. Beep. My alarm buzzed. Today was the day. By 'the day' I mean the day that my parents finally tell me the surprise they've been holding in therr mouths for two weeks. Two long, mind murdering weeks.

I sloppily dragged myself out of bed, slamming my alarm, causing it to fall off the table and hit my pinky toe. "GAHH. Damn it!" I exclaimed angerily, instantly grabbing my foot. I heard a slight chuckle from across the room. "Oh my god, shut up, Trey!" I glared across the hall, just to see my 15 year-old brother grinning at my fail.

"Sorry, couldn't resist. It's funny watching the smart one fail for once." I rolled my eyes, not caring for his sarcasm.

"Maybe if you'd actually try to do things, your life wouldn't be a trainwreck!" I yelled, making an obvious statement. When Trey was in his preteens, about twelve, his friend brought drugs to school one day. His friend offered him a bit, and he has been addicted ever since. He blows off family things, school, and even dates with his girlfriend, Elizabeth just to go do drugs. The unfourtunate thing is, our parents can't really monitor him and his drug use, because he gets it from school, and my parents are far too busy with their jobs to homeschool him. And even if we transfered him to a different school, he would be close enough to Jacklin (our current school) to skip and meet his 'buddy' somewhere. It was something, we just had no way out of this mess.

"Shut up, Kyles. We both know I can't." he said, staring at the wood tiling on his bedroom floor.

"Trey, just please. For our family's sake, try to stop." I sighed, getting up feeling depressed. Perfect way to start the day.

I quietly walked down the hall, and down the wooden staircase. I turned, directly going into the lime colored kitchen, searching for my parents. "Mom? Dad?" I looked around. Seconds later, I heard some chatter from the lounging room.

"Mornin' sunshine. How did you sleep?" My mom asked. They both were looking at me like they had won the lottery or something. This surprise must be big. I was escatic.

"Wonderfully. Now, please tell me, what is the surprise?" I said eagerly, smiling like an superb idiot.

"You know that one show that you liked that was in the U.K.?" My mom asked, a giant grin arising on her face.

"Y-y-yes." I began to studder. Please tell me its what I think. Please, please, please, FOR THE SON OF GOD PLEASE!

"Well, your going to the U.K., with Aunt Liz, and winning the X-factor!" She jumped up and screamed. i jumped into her arms and hugged her while we were jumping.

I couldn't believe it. Me, Kylie Johnson was going to be a singer on the X-factor, on of the biggest singing competitions in the world. I was beyond excited. I don't think I have ever been this excited for anything, ever in my life time. This was my big break.