Nice To Meet You

(You Meet Taron for the first time at a Golden Globes after party, and you never want to take your eyes from him)

 'But I'm looking for the one, have you seen her? My psychic told me she have a ass like Serena, Trina, Jennifer Lopez, four kids, an I gotta take all they bad ass to show-biz' you rapped while Jamie Foxx sang his part to the Kanye West classic 'Gold Digger' his voice was effortless and magnificent, he chuckled when you rapped fluidly not missing a word. 

 Truth was you we're a little tipsy and couldn't quite believe this was actually happening, who would have believed you if you'd told them a year ago you would have just won Best Female at the Golden Globes, and we're now rubbing shoulders with all these classy and gorgeous Hollywood celebrities at the after-party? 

 'Wait, Y/N you have to meet Taron' Jamie gasped. He reached out and took the shoulder of  a handsome young man with the cheekiest smile you'd ever seen. You felt your stomach twitch when his eyes fell on you. You felt his eyes sweep over your body, taking in your swish green and black designer tartan cigarette trousers, your lace black bralet and your exposed midriff. You watched as his lips curled upwards and his eyes locked directly onto yours. 

'Nice to meet you Mr. West' he smiled holding out his hand to shake. 

'You can call me Yeezus' you smiled back, you slipped your soft hand into his and held on for a long as you could dare. 

He laughed and then turned to clap Jamie into a hug and you felt like the world had clouded over when he took his eyes from you. You suddenly felt like you'd do anything to stay by his side and remain in the sunlight. Or maybe it was all this fancy champagne taking hold of you. 

'Where have you been hiding this fire-cracker?' Taron laughed and you heard that delicious thick Welsh accent.

'Oh she's quite new around these parts' Jamie laughed 'not for long mind' he nudged Taron's elbow and you blushed. 

'Oh shut up, I just got lucky is all' you brushed off Jamie's compliment, secretly you never thought you we're that great at acting, you'd attributed your fame to flukes and good luck up until this point but everyone else said different and you supposed that Golden Award sitting at your table with your name etched onto it did too. 

Someone shouted Jamie's name from across the room and beckoned him to join them, he looked apologetically at you then leaned over to Taron and whispered 'Look after her for me man' into his ear, Taron smiled and him, and then the two of you we're alone.
 You stared at each other for a moment in complete silence, you inwardly cursed Jamie for leaving you alone with a stranger, but you guessed there are worse strangers to be left alone with. 

'Congratulations, by the way, you deserved it' Taron had taken a step closer to you and leaned in so you could smell his aftershave and observe the cute mole sitting on his neck.

 'Thank You, I... I don't know what to think about it really, I wish my family we're here, or anybody I knew really, everything seems a little make believe right now.' you said  surprising yourself with how honest you had just been with a perfect stranger. You still had your management and your team with you, but you longed really for a friend or a conversation with someone who wasn't paid to look after you. 

' I know the feeling, yours is the first British accent I've heard all night' Taron grinned back 'I love all this, and this job, but sometimes I'd just wish I could be at home watching Great British Bake Off In My PJ's' he look down bashful. 'I can't believe I've just said that' he said avoiding your eye contact, his face flushing red. 

'Don't be embarrassed, I have my Mum send me recordings of it' you laughed and he laughed along with you. 'It's biscuit week this week, arguably the best week'

'What even better than pastries?' Taron gasped mock offended. 'Well agree to disagree.'

The two of you chatted on about football and music and American sayings you didn't understand for what felt like forever, he laughed at all your stupid jokes, like really laughed, he made you feel human again, acknowledged, normal. He felt like the little slice of home you'd been missing. You felt the party moving around you, too sucked up in your dialogue with Taron to notice or care. Then the world snapped back into place when you felt your manager Lucy take your arm. 

'Sorry to break this up, but we've got an early start, we really need to start making tracks Y/N.' Lucy looked very apologetic, she knew you didn't get much time to meet anybody let alone cute boys, but she had to do her job. 

'Five minutes' you smiled at her, she pointed toward the door indicating she'd meet you there then left you alone. 

'I'm sorry I...it was really nice to meet you' you gushed, hoping time would stop and you could stay in this moment forever. 

'The pleasure was all mine' Taron said, lingering his eyes over your lips. A silence settled between you as you both gazed at each other, you didn't understand what was happening, this never happened to you, your usual self was cool and collected, but it was like Taron had this magic shattering affect on you, which turned your legs to jelly and your mind to mush.

 'I know this might be awfully forward, but do you think I could maybe get your phone number, you know just incase I ever need to get a Bake Off Fix' Taron finally asked, breaking the silence, you reached out took his phone and tapped your number into, not saying a word. 

'For emergencies only' you said placing the phone back in his hand, all too aware of his fingers brushing against yours, he crossed his heart, and you both smirked at each other. You eventually had to rip your eyes from him and after a weak goodbye made your way towards the door, feeling his eyes burning into your back. You smiled knowing the trousers made your butt look glorious. 

In the car ride back to the hotel you clutched your phone hoping it would sound with a message from Taron but your screen stayed dark. By the time you'd arrived back at the hotel the champagne was wearing off and you'd convinced yourself your encounter with your Welsh dream man hadn't been as explosive for him as it had for you. You arrived to your room feeling deflated, the same home sickness from earlier creeping in. 

You'd barely taken your shoes off when their was a knock at the door, you opened it to a man from room service. 

'I didn't order anything' you tried to explain, but he placed the food out anyway and disappeared swiftly.  When the door closed you lifted the metal lid and revealed to thick pieces of chocolate cake, you shook your head in confusion as your phone chimed. 

'It's an emergency' the message read. 

You had moved over to the door and opened it before Taron even had the chance to knock. He blinked at you and shrugged.

'I missed you' he smiled.

'It's only been forty-five minutes' you said chuckling at his goofy smile. 

'I know, what an eternity' he said in his silly thick voice and you smiled as he moved past you into the room, making a beeline for the cake.