Chapter 1

7th of May

I shut the engine of my cherry red Camaro convertible after parking it. I went outside of my car then took my baggage on the compartment.

"Ma'am kami na po ang bahala sa gamit niyo. Pumasok na po kayo sa loob." Napatingin ako sa nagsalita. Its one of our maids with two manservants behind her.

"Does Brittany know that I'm here?" I asked the maid.

"Hindi po ma'am."

"Good." I said then went inside of our house.

Wala namang masyadong nagbago sa bahay namin except the more sophisticated marbled floor that goes well with the beige colored wall. Its still boring here. I made the right decision to live and study in New York. I wonder why Brittany chose to stay in this humdrum place. It would be better kung sumama na lang siya kay mom and dad sa Italy and live there. Oh well, its her decision and besides its been five years. It would just be happier if we're together in NYC.

I heard a loud music coming from Brittany's room. I jogged on the stairs to get in there faster. What is she up to? I bet she'll be surprised to see me. Why is she even playing "My happy Ending" by Avril Lavigne?

I almost forgot why I'm here.

Agad kong binuksan ang pintuan ng kuwarto niya. Nasa isang sulok lang siya at nakabalot ng kumot. Her room is a mess. Nagkalat ang tissue at balat ng skittles sa kuwarto niya. Pillows are all over the place. Is she serious with this?

"Harp?! Is that you? What are you doing here? I thought hindi ka makakauwi?" Gulat niyang tanong sabay takbo papunta sa akin. She hugged me tightly that I can't breathe.

"Get off Brittany! Can't breathe!" I struggled.

"Oh sorry! I just really miss my twin. I thought wala ka na talagang balak umuwi." Sabi niya sabay bitiw sa pagkakayakap sa akin.

Brittany's my twin sister. We're fraternal twins. I'm 3hrs 17m 9s older than her. We were living apart since we're 13. I decided to study in New York while she wanted to stay here. Our parents are in Italy since we're 15 because of business matters. They will visit us when its our birthday while we visit them on holidays. Its quite bizarre but we're already used to.

"Cut the crap Britt. So you're really serious with what you said?" I asked her as I crossed my arms.

She sighed. I kept my intense stare at her. She sat on the edge of her bed then stared back at me. She suddenly burst out crying. Agad ko siyang nilapitan at niyakap. My twin sister is crying. A very serious matter on hand. I tried comforting her and it's really hard to make her stop crying.

"Everything's going to be fine. I'm here Britt. Your twin sister is here. Stop crying before I throw all your Skittles away." I said still hugging her.

"No! Not my precious skittles!" Sabi niya sabay punas ng kanyang muka with her shirt.

"That's gross Britt. I think you should take a bath. You stink." I whined.

"Whatever!" Sabi niya sabay pasok sa kanyang bathroom.

"I'm going to my room. I'm so sleepy! You owe me big time b*tch!" I hollered as I leave her room and headed to mine.

"You're awake, finally." Bungad ni Brittany sa akin.