Anchor

"I'm coming down mom!"  "Hurry, you'll miss the bus!"

I roll my eyes to myself and I drag my backpack over my shoulder. I decided to stop trying and be myself for school #4 and high school #2. I walk to my bathroom and look in mirror check my my make-up and walk out the door my hair down my bangs clipped to the side and sigh to myself.

My family (my mom, dad brother and I) move a lot thanks to my dads job he works in the military which has us moving almost every 1-2 years. High schools already tough and my mom always wants me to look good on my first day while its its December and everyone else's fourth month she thinks it somehow helps me fit in. It just causes people to judge me the wrong way to be honest.

I go down the stairs and walk into the kitchen my leg warmers warming my calves and my combats thudding on the kitchen floor. "God Savanna pick up your feet!" "Sorry" I mumble and grab a banana from the center of the dinning table. "Don't you think you want cereal or something more filling?" "Nope I'm fine." I say sliding my phone out of my bag and scrolling up my twitter time line.

"Well your bus is almost here so start walking to your bus stop." I don't even know why I have a bus stop the schools a block from my house, I ended up deciding to walk. "Actually I wanna walk." I say turning to my mother. "Are you crazy there's snow all over the ground! you might slip." "I rather face people once i walk in myself, I dont wanna ask people to scoot over in a crowded bus and sit in someones seat."

"Fine. Only because I want you to have a choice of walking home just in case. But be careful okay." "Okay mom." I reply and she walks over kisses my forehead and heads out for work. My dad makes most money and my mom hates being the stay at home mom after my brother and I grew up so she opened a bakery called Sweet Rush a couple blocks down from school.

 She walks out and I look at my lock screen 7:06 I should leave the house at 7:15 just to get help from the office just in case and the walk there. I grab my phone and head back up stairs to take the make-up off my face and change my v-neck into a blink-182 shirt and slide a green jacked on top and slide on my combat boots back on and remove my leg warmers. I only wore that just so my mom doesn't nag me. Much better. My phone chimes from a text.

*check on your bother. make sure he's up!"

On my way towards the stairs I knock on my brother Jack's room. "Jack are you up, what are you doing?" He swings open the door and faces me "What do you want?" "Just making sure you were up, Mom just send me a text to." I shout going down the stairs and look at my phone once again and dart down the steps 7:14 I slide down the steps and I slide my beanie on and plug my earphones in listening to music surprisingly not blasted cause I was in the mood where I wanna hear the snow crunch from my boots. I walk down further and turn to see a boy following me. Not really following me but walking to school I guess and he makes eye contact with me. He's cute a lip piercing I think I saw but cute. I turn and keep walking changing the song on my phone. I walk up a hill hoping im going the right way and turn around just in case to see if the boy was there. He wasn't. Was I going the wrong way? I'm pretty sure I'm right, I decide to walk a little further and see the Silver Clark sign my mom was telling my brother and I about. Jack.... wait he has the car now.. how could I forget ugh. I shove my phone out of my pocket 7:26 school starts at 7:45 I have to hurry to get my schedule and be walked to class hopefully before class starts so I can already be seated and the office lady probably named Barbra doesn't have to introduce me to the class as the new girl.

I sigh and use the data on my phone to navigate my way to school, I was actually on the right track just needed to turn right about two minutes later I was walking up the schools steps 7:35 I have ten minutes before the bell rings and school officially starts. Everyone's scattered out and slowly walking towards the school building obviously in no hurry but I need to go to the office. I walk fast pushing the door into the school when I see a big sign at the top Welcome To Radford High and a sign pointing to the office. I walk in and get in line where two kids are in front of me, I sigh again and pull out my phone and scroll through my tumblr dashboard and wait until two of the office lady's are finished and she clears her throat at me.

"Oh sorry, hi this is my first day can I have my schedule?" "Yes, whats your name?" "Savanna Gilinsky" she types on her computer for two full minutes testing my patience and grabs a paper from the printer you have Art260 upstairs first I'll walk you there." she huffs and I follow her not replying and we go upstairs and down the hallway. "Here you are ma'am, looks like the bell hasn't rung so just sit tight and wait for class to start, & please take off the hat." I grumble and take off my beanie and adjust my hair. "

Just ask someone for the rest of your classes I'm sure you'll find someone." she says and walks away I take a deep breath before walking in when someone bumps me in the shoulder. I turn ready to huff when I see a boy almost familiar brown hair earrings and a lip ring... the boy from walking. "Sorry, didn't see you there." he casually states and I nod and realize i didn't say anything "It's fine." he smiles at me and he walks into my class I take another deep breath and walk into the room seeing one chair open right next to cute boy this ought to be good.