Chapter One ~ Mysterious Sightings & Biological Parents

Althea's POV
Beep beep... beep beep
The sound of the annoying alarm clock wakes me from my sleepy daze as I sling my arm across: knocking it off the drawers.

For fuck sakes, why does Danielle like meeting so bloody early?

I stand up from my bed letting the cool morning breeze circle around me. My silky pyjamas stick to as the breeze hits me and the sound of tweeting birds floods my bedroom. There's just something about the sound of the tweeting birds that makes you feel rejuvenated, I guess you just feel less alone.

There's always been moments in my life where I need to feel that feeling, the feeling that you're not alone. I mean I have my adoptive parents Claire and Matthew, but I just have that hole in my heart; the hole that's supposed to be filled with the love of your real family.

Anyway, Althea you need to get ready instead of dwelling on the past.

I walk to the on suite of my large, expensive bedroom. Looking in the mirror I see someone who doesn't look like me, my long Raven hair looks shinier and healthier than normal. My blue: almost white eyes have a slight shimmer in them, they were complimented along with my longer and thicker eyelashes showing off my feline shape in my eyes. Also, the curves indented in my hips are more eye catching, what the hell? This isn't me..

Fuck it who cares?

I step into the shower letting the hot water drop down my golden skin and wash my long locks, gosh you forget how nice it is just to step in the shower first thing in the morning. My long eyelashes batter as I let the tiny droplets of water drip off of them like tiny tears as I wash the remaining conditioner out of my hair.

Yep, here comes the part I hate. Stepping into the icy coldness.

Stepping back into the fresh air of my bedroom, I look at the once in tact alarm clock and notice I only have 10 minutes to get ready. I always sucked with keeping up with time. Danielle is gonna kill me. Great, just great. I look around frantically for the first decent outfit I can find and throw it over my head, just as i get them on my stupid ring tone goes off; startling me.

Yep, Danielle's always been the impatient one..

"Hey Althea hurry your ass up!" Danielle says whilst screaming down the phone at me.
"Gheez, its 11 am exactly and your telling me to rush!" I say with a hint of annoyance
"Just hurry up" She says as she ends the phone impatiently on me.

Wow, she's in a bitchy mood.

I sigh as I leave the glass glazed doors of the mansion. Walking across the pavement the warmth of the sun radiates off my skin, as I reach the end of my long drive I see an annoyed Danielle with her arms folded broadly up to her chest.
"Took your sweet ass time!" She says with her eyes narrowed
"Shut up Danielle" I say playfully
"Well, I think we should go for a walk down near the waterfall" she say with a little smile on her face
"Okay, whatever. I'm not really fussed" I say pouting my lips
"Okay, catch me if you can then" She says whilst running off playfully
"Danielle you know I'll catch you! Your the laziest motherfucker around!" I say whilst laughing to myself

I may as well stand here for a while Danielle won't get very far..

"Okay! I'm coming" I shout as I see Danielle running at a slow pace not far ahead.

A few moments later...

After messing around for a while Danielle and I walked near the absolutely stunning waterfall. The water sparkled in the sunlight; it looked so fresh. It hypnotises me the rhythm of the water, it's so calm and soothing. It looks so inviting: especially in this heat.
"Girl I can't get over how fast you are! You caught up in like two seconds" Danielle says mind blown interrupting me from my daze
"It's just that you're unfit Dani haha" I say whilst laughing at myself
"Ay cheeky bitch!" Danielle says with her arms folded jokingly
"Gosh, Dani you react so easy!" I say with a smirk on my face
"You don't take long to blow my fuse!" She says laughing "Your lucky your my best friend Thea"
"Yeah, yeah. That's your conceited side showing right there" I say in an apathetic tone
"Ugh, Thea you know you can be conceited too" she says whilst rolling her eyes
"Yes, but you see there's a line and I know how not to cross it" I say whilst smirking, I know she's gonna react.
"Oh shut up Thea!" She says slightly higher pitched than normal.
"Yeah, whatever" I say whilst rolling my eyes

After a few seconds the silence was tension was thick; thick enough to cut with a knife. It's not like Danielle to go in a mood for this long. I look up from the floor to see a ghostly faced Danielle, she stood in complete shock just pointing behind me with her mouth gawping open. I slowly begin to turn around to see a huge grey wolf staring into my soul, I stand as still as a statue. Fuck. What do I do?

Growl...

"Danielle, back up slowly and run on my cue" I say putting on my brave face
"Y...yes" she says in a panicked tone
I stand staring at the wolf waiting for a moment for it to be off guard, I can't be having it seeing us as a threat. Just as I begin to worry the wolf faces the other direction at the sound of a snapping twig.
"Now Dani!" I shout alarming Danielle
"Althea c'mon!" she shouts loudly as I begin to run catching up to her quickly.

After running for what felt like forever, the sight of the wolf is no longer in our presence. I panted out of breath as we reached the large metal gates of the expensive mansion.
"Come on, let's go inside Claire and Matthew won't mind" I say worriedly too an out of breath Danielle
"Are you sure they won't mind?" She says whilst shaking rapidly
"I don't really think your in the state to argue with me" I spit "come on let's go"

We entered my rather large house and instantly became face to face with Claire and Matthew.
"Hi girls!" Claire says excitedly. She's always been the welcoming one.
"Hey Claire" i say giving her a slight smile
"I hope you don't mind me coming" Danielle says awkwardly
"It's no bother at all sweetheart" Matthew says reassuring Danielle before we walked out.

When we entered my room I heard a sigh of relief coming from a rather scared Danielle.
"Hey, your okay!" I say calming her down
"I know I guess I'm just in shock Thea" she says whilst looking exhausted
" I get it, it's fine honestly. I'm just shocked at the fact a wolf was anywhere near here" I say whilst thinking

Actually, why is there a wolf near here? There's never been a wolf sighting since the late 90's..

"I have no idea Thea, I just hope it was the first and last one I'll see" Danielle says whilst pressing her hand against her head.
"Honestly I just need some sleep to forget about this" I say whilst yawning

Ring Ring...

"That's me" Danielle says whilst picking up the phone.
Whilst Danielle was on the phone, several thoughts ran through my mind. Why is there a wolf sighting after 20 years? Why did it not attack?

Danielle soon brought me out of my thoughts when she spoke up.
"I have to go now" she says rather dissapointed
"Hey it's no problem I'll see you again soon!" I say reassuring her
"Okay, bye Thea. Ill see you soon!" She says whilst exiting

Phew, finally I can get my head down. It's like 10 pm!

I walked into the bathroom changing into my silky pyjamas once again. Except, this time I felt comfort in the fact that I was alive to sleep; Especially after today. I began to walk toward my bed exhaustedly and flipped onto it. The feeling of the soft duvet lulls me to an almost sleeping version of myself, when I begin to here shouting coming loudly from down the stairs

For fuck sakes! I just want some bloody sleep, is that so much to ask?!

I lazily pull myself up by the bed railings and stomp about for a few moments.

Should I go down there? It seems pretty serious..

Fuck it I think to myself as I exit my door and begin to walk down the staircase.

When I reach the sitting room the shouting gets increasing louder. I stare at the scene unravelling before me; shouting, a lot of it. A woman in a golden gown and crown to compliment it stood with a posture that intimidated me. Her white eyes stared at Claire and Matthew viciously. There was also a man dressed like a king, his intimidating, loud voice bounced off of the walls as he shouted loudly at them.

Do I step in to stop this or don't I?

Screw it, it looks like it's about to get nasty I need to stop this..

I run into the room and scream at the top of my lungs, I swear everybody stops in silence at this point.
"Stop it now!" I shout angrily "who the hell is this?!" I say as I stare at the random man and woman
"Althea?!" The mysterious woman says
"How the hell do you know my name?!" I say in a scared tone
"You don't know who I am?" She says as tears begin to roll out of her sparkling eyes
"No, I'm sorry am I supposed to know you?" I ask questioningly
"Were your biological parents" The intimidating man says

What the fuck?!