The accident

"Just 5 more minutes", Orion LaPine muttered to himself, fingers running through his short black hair. "5 more minutes and you're free for a full 3 days". He watched the clock, counting the seconds until he got to leave. It's not that he didn't like school, it's just that he hated everyone there. Especially the jocks, the ones who make fun of him during gym. The ones who call him loser and shove him against the lockers. Those are the ones he despised. Finally, the bell rang and Orion practically jumped from his seat, grabbing his backpack and rushing out of the crowded building. He sighed and slipped his headphones over ears, closing his eyes for a moment as he began to walk home. When he opened his eyes again it was already way too late. He ran into the most popular boy in school, Gunner Black. Head of the baseball team and heartthrob of the school though no one had ever seen him with a date. He was taller than Orion by a good 6 inches, with short blond hair and stunning blue eyes. They collided and Orion fell backwards with a small squeaking sound. Options backpack dropped and his books and folders scattered everywhere, along with Prions glasses skidding across the sidewalk. "I-i'm so sorry", Orion blurted out as he scrambled to pick us his belongings.

Gunner laughed and pushed him back again. "Watch where you're going loser. I could beat you up right here right now", Gunner threatened. Orion nodded, gathered his belongings, and left off at a running start trying to get as far away from him as possible. He ran as fast as he could, swerving his steps thanks to his now lost glasses.

Bam!

The sound of screeching tires filled the air before a massive force hit Orion, sending him flying and forcing him to hit the rocky ground hard. The back of his head smacked up against the road and blacked out, the last thing her heard was yelling and the slamming of car doors.

~~~Time Skip~~~

Orion woke up slowly, groaning and shifting slightly, only to fall back into his previous position thanks to pain. The soft beeping of a heart monitor filled the room and tried to look around but saw nothing, panicking and attempting to call put for someone. His voice was hoarse so he did the second best option, press the button beside him. Within 20 minutes the sound of sneakers on the floor was heard and a nurse came, greeting him and giving him a check up. "Uh, m-miss? Why am i-i in the hospital? Why can't i see anything", he questioned her. The was an audible sigh he could feel a little weight added to the end of the bed.

"I'm sorry to be the one breaking this news to you sweetheart but you're blind now. During the crash some debris got embedded in your eyes. You... You won't be able to see again. We have arranged for someone at your school to be your caretaker. Just the person who helps you get around and do your school work", The nurse assured him, running her fingers lightly over the bandages that covered up his eyes.

"Would you happen to know their name?", He asked, a little scared at the result but also a little excited. He hoped to get one of his friends or someone he knew.

"I think it was something like Gunner Black. Do you happen to know him?"