Chapter Two

"Are You Ready?"

We just parked Julie's car at the school's parking lot. It was already a week after I arrived back here in my hometown and now I'm back to the school where I grew up. Everything still looks the same. Students studying or hanging out with their friends at the big grassy field in front of our school. I recognized familiar faces and it kind of gave me relief. The only thing I'm worrying about is Erik. Everything's stays the same, but does he too?

I was yanked off from my thoughts by Julie's clearing of throat. "We don't have all day madam." she said in a fake sweet voice.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, let's get this show on the road."

We entered the halls and of course we haven't escaped with all the stares coming from our schoolmates. The stares include the surprised ones, the curious ones, and the haughty ones. Well yeah, everything's still the same here.

"Do you want me to come with you to take your sched?" Julie asked who's walking beside me.

"No it's fine. It's not like I haven't been here before." I said as a matter of fact.

She held her hands up in surrender, and started walking backwards. "Okay missy, just asking. See you later." then she disappeared to the hall.

I went to the office and got my schedule and my locker number. My first class is History. Great. I headed to my first class and when I entered the room, I received the same stares from earlier this morning. I remained my composure and took a seat at the back of the room.

I fumbled for my phone in my bag pack and sent a text to Julie.

"People are weird."

In less than a second,  my phone vibrated. Still a text freak.

"You don't need to describe yourself. :))) loljk anyways talk to you later at lunch."

Right after I zipped my bag and dropped it on the floor,  a girl plopped on the seat beside me. She has a shoulder length dark brown hair like mine and when she looked up at me, I was mesmerized by her emerald green orbs. She smiled, showing off her perfectly white teeth. It's like a Greek goddess suddenly came out of nowhere and appeared beside me.

"Hey, I haven't seen you before. Are you new?" she asked, her voice sweet as an angel's.

I cleared my throat before I answered,  "Actually,  I just came back after two years."

"Interesting." she smiled. "So what's your name?"

"Amanda." I said, extending my arm for a handshake.

"Amelia." she replied, taking my hand. "How cute! Our name kind of sounds alike!"

"I know right! And look at our hair." I motioned at her hair and held up mine.

"Oh my god! They even have the same shade! and they're both shoulder length!"

We grinned at each other and I have a feeling that we're going to get  along a lot, or better, be close friends.