Chapter Three

Lunch rolled in and I was organizing my stuff in my locker when Julie arrived.

"Ugh! I'm going to forever hate Algebra!" she said exasperatedly.

"And I'm never going to love History!" I chimed. "Speaking of History,  I met someone today from that class and I think we're going to be really close friends!"

"And who's the unfortunate creature?" she asked mockingly.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on! She even invited me to lunch because she wants to introduce me to her friends and I told her I can't because I'm going to spend time with my friends!"

"Awww! I know you love me!" she cheered.

"Whatever. Come on before I change my mind." I slammed my locker shut and linked my arm with hers as we started off the cafeteria.

When we arrived the place is already packed. I was having trouble in finding my friends in the sea of people until Julie pointed her finger somewhere and when I followed its direction, it led to my other two friends,  waving their arms in the air. I ran to them, not caring if I bump someone and they bounced on their seats excitedly. When I finally reached them I dove onto them and we all hugged to the point of suffocating each other. This time,  I didn't care.

"Amy!!! I can't believe you're really here!!! I thought I just saw someone who looks like you but then we saw you with Julie and realized it's really you!!! You're back!!!" Cara gushed on my shoulder.

"Haha how will I look like someone? Have you forgotten that my beauty is pretty unique?" I said smugly.

Then Cara and Ana, my two friends who were just hugging me earlier, slapped my nape.

"Ouch!"

"I can't believe after two years you're still a conceited ass!" Ana said, messing up my hair.

"I'm not conceited! I'm just telling the truth! Kids don't lie!"

This time, Cara messed up my hair. "Ohh so you admit that you still haven't grow up! Aww, it's okay little Amy!" she said mockingly.

"Hey I'm taller than you! And don't you dare call me Amy again!"

"Whatever Amy!!", then she stuck out her tongue at me.

"Ugh!! I'm not an old lady!! You-"

"Guys!!!"

We all looked up and saw scowling Julie holding up two trays of food.

"I can hold these forever, just so you know guys." she said sarcastically.

We moved our stuff to the floor and helped her with the trays. Julie bought me lunch because due to my excitement in seeing my two other friends, I forgot to buy one. I told her I'll pay her on tomorrow but then we just agreed that I'll just help her in her Algebra homework. A deal is a deal.

We were all stuffing our mouths when I decided to start a conversation.

"Why is it you that you guys aren't really that surprised as I expected you to be?"

Ana and Cara, who are sitting across from me and Julie, glanced at each other as if they're deciding if they should tell me something.

Ana spoke, "Well, what do you expect from Julie?"

I turned to Julie who was smiling sheepishly beside me. I just frowned at her in return.

"So, Amanda." Cara started. "Why did you come back? Not to sound bad but I thought you would be staying in Canada for good because of your dad's job?"