Chapter 3 - One Month

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A Month Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys woke up, not even taking the time to groan anymore as the dim light of dawn hit their eyes. They stood up, getting dressed in the only other pair of clothes they had aside from their sleepware.. Which was just sweatpants.

Jungkook unhooked himself from Taehyung, but fell right back to sleep shortly after. The rest of them didn't bother to look, their spirits crushing whenever they saw the cuts and bruises on his thin body.

Out of all of them, he was the only one who regularily talked back, and they were harsh, cutting his food and beating him when he made them too angry. They usually snuck some food into the cramped sleeping quarters for him anyways, knowing the amount he got from their kidnappers would never be enough to sustain him.

They had lost basically all hope for rescue, even J-Hope, who went a week and a half watching the door and waiting for PD Nim to walk through smiling and apologising for the harsh treatment.

"We're never getting out, are we..?" They could hear the maknae mumble into Taehyung's flat pillow, his voice clearly indicating that he was once again close to tears.. But all they could do was nod, because what was the point in reassuring them when it was obvious he was right..?