Chapter 2: Taylor's POV

Before recess, I ended up stuck in class late because I had to catch up on the morning worksheet that I missed from earlier. 3rd grade was just like 2nd grade, except harder and less welcoming. When it was finally my time to put my books away and go out to recess, I looked through the window to see if anybody was coming in. The first person I saw, was the girl with the ginger hair. She was walking up the steps and she ran into the room to find markers. I decided to give it a shot. She seemed nice and it looked like she was lonely, so as much as I was nervous to start a conversation with her, I tried my best at looking like I was just any cool kid who stood in the front of the room and talked to the boys loudly. After I had put my books into my desk safely, I slowly made my way over to the girl. She was biting her nails and sneaked a few looks at me. For a moment, I didn't think that she wanted to be approached by anybody, but my gut told me that she'd appreciate it. Gathering up all the courage I had, I introduced myself. "Hi, I'm Taylor Stratten, but some people call me Tay" The girl looked at me with a hint of curiosity and nervously held out her hand. She didn't look like she was used to socializing. "I'm um, Charlotte Hollowbrook." She replied.