Reign

Snow White woke up with a massive headache and looked around the familiar room. She got up and felt a little uneasy but managed to keep her balance. "What are you doing, love?" Her husband asked, taking her hand.

"What happened?" Snow asked as The King helped her back to bed.

Snow sat down followed by her husband who still looked worried. "You fainted right after the Coronation," he spoke. "How are you feeling?"

"A little dizzy," Snow replied. "But I'm fine."

"Do you need anything?" The King asked.

"I could eat," Snow replied, earning a warm smile from her husband.

"I'll be right back," he said then left the room. Snow stood up again, this time not losing her balance, then approached her wardrobe. She opened it and threw on a simple silk ball gown as the lady servants entered the room and helped her get ready.

Once everything was settled, Snow glimpsed at her reflection. "Can we do anything else, your highness?" One of them asked.

"No," Snow replied. "Thank you."

"We could bring you a glass of water-"

"A basket of flowers-"

"Or a-"

"I said 'no'," Snow spat. "Now, can you all leave?"

The three lady servants exchanged glances before leaving the room while a confused husband entered. "The chef told me that the meal will be here in any minute," The King said, still looking confused. "What just happened?"

"Why do you care?" Snow mumbled. 

The King looked taken back but he just nodded his head and gestured his thumb at the door. "I'll be at the hall," he said then left without another word.

Snow White felt a little better after an hour of being alone in her room. She went down and saw her husband talking with the chief of guards. The King glanced at her as Snow flashed a small smile and approached her husband. "Sorry about a while ago," Snow said sincerely. "I don't know what happened."

"It's alright. We all have our bad days."

The sudden racket outside irritated Snow that she had the courage to march outside and scold the people who were creating the noise. The King placed a hand on her shoulder, which she immediately shoved off. Surprised looks were plastered on everyone's faces as they exchanged whispers. Snow sighed deeply then went back upstairs, leaving a suspicious husband.

The entire day went terrible for the people in the castle as they all wondered what had happened to the Snow White they knew. "If you don't bring me what I asked, my face will be the last thing you'll ever see," Snow threatened the lady servant, who scurried away in fear.

Snow had a wicked look on her face as she continued to give orders to the people in the castle. "What's this madness?" The King entered the hall, frowning at the people who were renovating the altar, building a statue, and cleaning the sidelines even though it was spotless before. 

"Snow White, y-your majesty," one of the servants mumbled.

The King looked up to see Snow leaning against the balcony as she looked down at the people doing the dirty work. The King marched towards her and asked, "Is this all necessary?" 

"Yes, my love-"

"Stop this, Snow," The King ordered, with a hint of anger in his voice. Snow completely ignored her husband's orders. Before she could give another task to the servants, The King stopped her and ordered everyone to go home to their families. The people hesitated at first and stared at Snow White in fear before leaving the castle. 

"What was that?" The King asked.

"It was their duty," Snow said as if it was the most obvious thing ever. 

"We don't treat our people like slaves," The King said. "You knew that, Snow."

"All I know is that they do the dirty work-"

"What's gotten in to you?" The King asked resentfully. 

Snow glared at her husband before looking away and gazed at the hall below them. The King let out a sigh of defeat before taking a step back and walking towards his room. Snow White never took her eyes off the hall as a wicked smile slowly crept on her red lips.