Bar

It was a normal Friday night as I recall, no big things at work, just me wiping down the bar and giving one of my usual's, George, another beer. I'd known him for about a year at that time and he had told me everything there is to know about him. He had a beautiful wife, Ellen, whom he had met in high school and apparently it took him a month to gather up the courage to ask her on a date. George had 3 kids, Fred is 10, Hannah is 7 and he his wife had just delivered a baby a month before. A healthy baby boy named Quinn. There life was picture perfect. I enjoyed hearing stories of people who'd come into the bar and just vent about there life. I don't know why George drank so much, he seemed happy. Until that one day, that one very bad day, that I don;t really like to talk about, but your here to know the whole story, not just bits and pieces so here it is.

George walked into the bar at the usual time of seven thirty. He sat in his usual chair and ordered his usual drink. I of course, being the bartender, opened the bottle of Heineken for him and set it on a tiny square napkin in front of him. Because there were only three people in the bar on that lazy Friday, I grabbed a beer as well and sat on the bar. I was a cheap therapist to him and a couple other people who came here regularly. 

"So, what's wrong?" I asked adjusting my self so I was as comfortable as I could have been on a bar table.

"Nothing, why would anything be wrong?" George said, taking a long sip of his beer.

"Something's wrong because you have that look on your face. I know you, and you have the look on and that means that you need to talk. So, talk." I said swigging my beer. He sighed and shuts his eyes for a moment. 

"I lost my job today." 

"Why?" I asked, clearly surprised.

"Well, the thing is, I don't know. On minute I'm in my office, typing up a report and the next my boss comes into my office and simply says 'You're fired, you have an hour to pack up your things and go." George explained to me.

"That's awful, sorry to hear that." I said. This was really bad. As far as I had known, he had always been a accountant and he loved what he did. I take a sip of my beer then hop back onto the ground. I opened the cash register and threw in seven buck for the beer, even though I hadn't finished. I started cleaning glasses while George continued to tell his story. 

"So I pack up my stuff and I start to walk to the elevator, and get this, there are ten other guys, who I barley even knew waiting there too with there boxes and such." he said, drinking more of his beer. I nodded and put the glass I was cleaning up on the rack. I picked up another and started to clean that one.

"So we all got into the eleavator and left. It was just like that. Nobody talked the whole way down and we all just went through the lobby, to are cars and phoom." He said.

"Phoom?" I asked.

"Phoom..." George said back to me. He sipped his beer. "How am I going to tell Ellen?"

"You mean you came to me instead of your wife for this. Come on George." I said putting both my hands on the bar. 

"But-" He started.

"No, no but's. This is your wife, she will understand. I may be easier to talk to but once you tell her the hard stuff the rest is easy. Trust me you should have seen me when I told my parents I popped my cherry. They flipped sky high, but then they understood." George laughed at my remark and I put the other glass up on the shelf.

"I guess. Yeah. Thanks Liz." He said finishing his beer. I smiled at him as he threw a ten dollar bill on the table, a tip was always welcome, and then stood up. He was getting situated when two guys came in. 

"Hey boys, what can I get y-" I started. The guy with darker hair put up his hand and took out a piece of paper.

"Eh, not now, sorry, We're here for... George Lincoln?" he said slowly. I'd been through this loads of times, every bartender gets thugs who want to beat someone up. Not here, not now.

"Sorry, nobody by that name around these part. Sure I can;t get you a beer? A shot?" I ask leaning on the bar.

"Ok, miss, we know what he goes here regularly, we won't cause trouble." the other asked. I glance at George and he nods.

"Fine George, but I don't want fighting here." I say as I started to wipe down the area George was just sitting at. 

"Oh there won't be any fighting Lizzy." George said. I slowly looked up, because George had never called my Lizzie, I hate that nickname. Liz is just fine. George was acting strange. Just when I thought things wouldn't't get any stranger the man who was sitting alone at the corner table stood up and started to walk towards us. The two boys had tensed up and were acting odd. I had a questionable look on my face, knowing that if they were going to fight, I have a phone right under the bar. 911 isn't that hard to dial. But what I saw wasn't a problem the poilce could ever handle. 

"No fighting, just instant death." George said as his eyes turn pitch black. I dropped the glass I was holding and is shattered to the floor creating a loud noise as is spread across the ground. The guy with the long dark hair pulled out a knife from his belt and looked at George. I could have blinked and that still wouldn't;t match the speed at which George was going at. He lunged at the guy with the knife and they started to duke it out. George was on top of the guy and he threw two punches then the shorter guy grabbed George and pulled him off of knife guy.

"George!" I shouted. "Let go of him or I'll-" I started to yell when shortie cut me off.

"Can you hold that thought!" He said as he was trying to contain George from getting loose. The guy who was sitting in the corner seat, Jared, took the guy holding George, by the neck and he immediately let go of George. 

"Dean!" The dark haired guy said, standing up. He punched George in the face and George only flinched. This Dean guy was being strangled and his friend was throwing punches at George. It was so chaotic and finally something major happened. Knife guy took his knife and shoved it it Gorges neck so it pointed out through the top of his head. I slowly backed up with one hand over my mouth, I was in complete and utter shock. I backed up so far I hit the back wall and a couple bottles of alcohol fell over my head and onto the floor in front of me. The only weird part of this whole stabbing of George was that he didn't bleed. It looked as though orange electricity was coursing through his face and body and then he exploded into ash.

"He-lp!" Dean choked out as he was struggling to pull Jared's arms off of his neck. Knifey threw the knife and it landed on Jared's leg. He screamed out in pain and fell to the floor, trying ever so hard to get the knife out of his leg, even though it went all the way through. Dean fell on his knees, choking and holding his neck while Knifey kicked Jared in the head and ripped the knife out of his leg. He then proceeded to shove the knife into his forehead. Jared died the same way George did. So we were all left wit two piles of ash on the floor, Dean who nearly got strangled to death and long haired guy who was really knife happy tonight. 

"I think we'll take those drinks now." Dean said slowly as he stood up.