chapter 2

"Hi girlie, what's your name?" I kneeled down to the child's height, her hair long and eyes brown, I saw the sad expression, shaking her head and whispering " Drake.." Drake. Her name was Drake. Beautiful. The woman sprang quickly and said good luck, leaving with not the slightest smile. I grinned at the little girl, now called Drake, and asked her if she was hungry. She nodded and I did what I usually did. "well then it's Pizza Roll Time!" Microwaving six, I sat Drake at the table, handing her a bottle of water. I knew Garrett's atheletic rush would come out helpful someday. I mean, I wasn't giving her MONSTER Energy.

"So Drake, What do you like do?" I sat with her, forgetting everything. It was unreal, me and 18 year old musician, talking to my 4 year old daughter. Her stare flew upward to meet me, looking into my eyes with mixed emotion. "I like to play with stuff animals. And- And I sing songs!" Drake spoke softly, clearly tired. "What do you sing Drakey?" I decided to call her Drakey. "Metal Songs! Like Black Veil Brides... and Pierce The Veil! But I like techno-rock too! BOTDF and The Ready Set." Damn, I loved this kid. Was this happening? Was I getting attached to a little girl? Hell yes, I was. Now I was a man. A father! But it disturbed me. Frightened me.

I was going to raise a little girl that I never even knew I had, or would ever had, at least not with a stranger. I was so young! Well, I am young. But it was like I was fighting with myself, about wether or not this child was good or bad, wether I would be a good father or not. "Daddy..." Drake whimpered. She called me daddy, and it made my heart feel warm and it also tore. It burned. I argued with my own self. "Yes?" I asked. She pointed behind me and there, stood Heidi. "Heidi!" I jumped up. Her face was confused and she stared at me like I had some explaining to do. And really, I did.

"Heidi, this is Drake." I picked the 4 year old up, and she grabbed onto my neck with her feeble arms. "What is she doing here?" Heidi huffed. Must of not been a good day. I sat Drake down and took Heidi into the living room to talk. Maybe this was what I wasn't ready for, telling the girl I love....