1: Rejected Again

Her brown eyes gazed out at the setting sun beyond Magnolia making the sky look like a sea of gold and soft pinks. She smiled, leaning back in her wooden chair and setting her pen down next to blank sheets of paper, which the blonde had intended to write upon. However, she couldn't find inspiration anymore. Taking job requests with her friends was always fun but she just couldn't pull anything from those jobs anymore.
Natsu's motion sickness wasn't anything new (although it was amusing). The jobs the four of them (plus Happy) were taking had no spark! No passion! No thrill or excitement!

As discontent as Lucy was, the setting sun soothed her. She rested her elbow on her desk and rested her head against her hand as she slowly dozed off, her eyes beginning to close slowly.

It was the masculine voice of her most defiant and amorous friend/spirit that snapped her out of her relaxed state. She tensed up and whirled around to find him standing behind her chair, hovering over her with a devilishly handsome smirk. He said: "Hey beautiful! Thought I'd pay you a visit and just check-"

"LOKE!!"
Lucy cut him off earning his silence, but his expression didn't change.
"You really need to stop opening your own gate and scaring me like that." She said, annoyance clear in her voice. Loke's smirk changed to a soft and charming smile, "Is it so wrong if a spirit wants his owner's attention?" He said in a sweet voice without hesitation. "Yeah! Er...no! But really Loke, this is the third time this week. Are you really that desperate?"

Loke readjusted his glasses. "Always~." He cooed. Lucy felt her face heat up quickly at the tone of his voice. "That tone won't work on me!!" She stared up at him as he leaned in and whispered in her ear, "You've got the cutest blush Lucy."

"GO HOME!!" She ordered, grabbing his key and forcing his gate to close. She scoffed and pinched the bridge of her nose. She then grumbled under her breath and sighed heavily, setting Loke's gate key gently on her desk. She didn't know why she hated it so much whenever Loke would flirt with her. She once thought that maybe the only reason she hated it was because she actually liked it. Of course, she brushed the thought away instantly.

She grimaced and looked away from the golden key that shimmered in the light of the sunset pooling through Lucy's windows.
"Why do you have to be so annoying all the time?" she questioned aloud.
She wasn't excepting Loke's key to start glowing. She looked at it quickly with wide eyes. Did he hear me? Lucy wondered. She found herself standing up and walking away from her desk and the key. "It doesn't matter..." she said to herself and crossed her arms. "I mean," she spoke louder in attempts to see if the lion spirit's key was glowing in protest or something, "annoying doesn't even begin to describe him!" Once again the key glowed. She ignored it and forced herself to say, "He's obnoxious!" The glow dulled and eventually the key rested on her desk, the only glow emitting from it was the light of the sunset still shining against it.

It wasn't like Lucy to say such things about her spirits, but she couldn't even think straight. She sat on her bed and said softly, "He may be obnoxious...but he's also sweet." She smiled at Loke's key. "Ya hear that? You're sweet." Lucy said as kindly as she could, almost trying to apologize for what she'd said.