Chapter Three

I'm running through a forest, my breath is fast and shallow, I hear the steady rush of flowing water, I feel sweat beading on my forehead. A high pitched scream fills the air and my feet refuse to carry me any further, the screaming stops and I can only hear the sounds of the forest. Then a loud splash echoes through the trees and all of a sudden I hear someone running, they're coming right towards me. I start to run but it's not long before I'm tackled to the ground by the heavy body.
My mind is lost in colorful swirls and patterns, then silence, darkness, pure black darkness.
I feel nothing, see nothing, hear nothing.
Then I see light in the distance and it's slowly creeping towards me, I reach out for it, I lean forwards and then I'm falling, I keep falling until the light catches me. Below I see darkness and a pair of shiny red eyes, the eyes start to move up to me and I start to creep backwards. A body forms around the eyes and I start to scream, a long shrill note lost in the darkness, the figure lunges at me and my eyes snap open.
I'm sitting next to mum on the plane and she's fast asleep, I lift up the shutter to see that we are coming in to land. The rain makes a soothing sound as it hits the metal roof, the runway lights reflect off the tiny drops splattered across the window. I shake mum awake and whisper, "we're here."

Authors note: Hello to my fellow readers, from now on I will be running this thing where if you vote on my story, follow this account and comment some feedback you will get a sneak preview of my next chapter sent to your personal messages and if your nice I might chuck in a follow. 🙂