Chapter 1

Elizabeth's POV

"Don't look now but Blake Thompson is staring at you," My best friend Emily whispers to me from across the lunchroom table causing me to pause mid bite from my food. My other best friends Quinn, Naomi, and Charlie all let out a small laugh and crane their heads to look behind me. My heart beat quickens as I slowly turn around, indeed meeting the eyes of the one and only Blake Thompson. My cheeks heat up and I give him a small awkward smile before quickly turning back to my food.

"You know, I hear that he wanted to ask you to the homecoming dance," Seriously?! It's like nobody wants me to eat. My brows furrow and I look up once again from my food seeing Naomi smirking at me. "I can see it now! Blake Thompson and Elizabeth Gaines, homecoming King and Queen!" My eyes widen and I immediately try to quiet her big mouth. "Why do y'all have to be so loud?" I question somewhat harshly with my cheeks flaming red. "You people are so embarrassing!" I mumble before closing my container of food, grabbing my bag and getting up from my chair causing the girls to cackle. I start making my way out of the caffeteria, hearing the people I call my best friends, cat calling at me. I turn and shoot them a quick glare before finally exiting the lunch room. Once I'm out I let out a much needed breath and start making my way towards the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirrior, I take in my reflection. Brown eyes coated with black mascara and eyeliner, a small amout of blush on my cheeks. My eyes cast down to my outfit. White dress with black patterns that stops around mid thigh, covered by my jean jacket and my light brown almost taupe heeled booties.

I quickly use the bathroom while I'm in here since my next class starts in a few minutes

I quickly use the bathroom while I'm in here since my next class starts in a few minutes. Just as I'm thinking this the lunch bell rings meaning lunch was over. I finish my buisness, wash my hands and exit the bathroom only to collide with another body. "Oomph," I grunt and prepare for impact but it doesn't come. Cracking my clenched eyes, I see a familiar red and white varsity jacket. "Well this isn't exactly how I wanted to ask you to homecoming," My mouth parts open in shock and I look into Blake's eyes. Is he serious? I really thought it was a rumor.

"R-Really?" My voice comes out a little squeaky causing Blake to let out a small husky chuckle as he stands me up straight. "You're so cute...but yeah. I thought it was pretty obvious that I liked you...maybe not by the look on your face," I try to get rid of the shocked look on my face but I can't. I can't believe that Blake, of all people, likes me. It just doesn't seem real-- "So will you?" I shake my head and look back at him, realizing that his hands were still on my waist. "Hmm?" Blake laughs. "You've always been a drifter Ellie," I give a sheepish smile, my cheeks heating up at my name flowing from his lips. "Will you go to the homecoming dance with me?" I pretend to think about it so I don't seem too eager, but come on, lets face it. I'd be stupid to say no so I nod my head at him, giving him a smile causing my dimples to show on my cheeks. The first warning bell for class sounds before Blake can respond and I slowly start backing away causing his hands to drop from my waist and I start making my way towards my next class that I convienently have with Blake. He was a senior, while I was a junior but I was taking mostly senior classes because the principal thought I was too smart to be in junior classes. So you could say I'm probably going to graduate early. "Wait! Your just going to leave me?" I turn and watch Blake jog up so he's walking next to me. "Well if I don't, I'll be late to class," I sass back with a smirk on my lips. His eyebrows raise but he stays quiet and we finally enter our Chemistry classroom. I smile at the teacher who greets us and start making my way towards the only empy seat which to my luck, had another empty seat next to it. My breathing hitches in my throat when I feel Blake place his hand on the small of my back, guiding me towards the seats and lets me sit down first before moving to the seat next to me and sitting down then placing his backpack on the ground. "Okay class, settle down. Today we're going to..."