Me and dad

Elodie was only 3 when her parents split up. Her dad moved out to live somewhere else. Her mum sold the house and moved in with Elodie's grandma until she could find a place of her own. When Elodie was older, she went to university to study Astro physics.
However, something brought her back...

September 7th:

Elodie pondered up the flight of stairs, pink jumper round her waist and a flask of tea in her hand.
"door number..." , she slid a crumpled chunk of paper from her side pocket, "door number 11", she said uneasily. She knocked on the door and had to wait a few minutes before there was an answer.
A middle aged women poked her head out of the door, "hello sweetie are you lost?" "Do you need me to phone somebody for you?"
Elodie paused for a moment to take it all in. She had never met this women in her life; she was one hundred percent sure that her dad lived there. She once again took the piece of paper from her pocket and read the door number over and over again, to make sure she was right. She was right...
The realisation hit her like a ton of bricks. She felt sick, her hands were clammy. Before she knew it she was half way down the buildings flight of stairs...

Elodie had 5 missed calls from her mum and 3 voicemails telling her to go home immediately. When she arrived at the door, she could hear her mum crying.
With one striking move, she flung the door open and rushed over to her mum, who was sat hunched over her hands, tears dripping from her eyes.
"Elodie...please come over, we need to talk," her mum cried. "Mum what is it? Are you ok?" Elodie asked.
"When you went to your dads flat he wasn't there was he?" Mum questioned. "Well, no but I'm sure he just moved to another apartment in the building." Elodie said trying to convince herself.
"Elodie, I don't want you to be alarmed."
"Promise me you won't go looking for him!"

"What? Who?" Elodie said, getting more and more afraid.

Her mum paused now looking directly out the window...

"You're dad."
" He's missing..."

Authors note: In the next chapter-
Will Elodie go looking for her father? Who will she discover? Is she who she thinks she is?
Thank you for reading my first chapter, the story starts off slow, but gets intriguing as you read along, the next chapter is coming soon so make sure you add this story to your library...
KENZ Xx