Turtle Love

John Laurens lay in bed, he wanted to know this girl. He was mad too, not about her, never mad about her. About school. He had to do this dumb project where he'd get paired with probably some brainy girl that would force him to actually do something. He pulled out his phone, hopeful that she'd be on tumblr.

That1-turtle: 🐢 🐢 (those are turtles jsyk)
And-pegs: Maybe Turtle can be part of a secret language of ours...
That1-turtle: that sounds nice, what can it mean?
And-pegs: ily?

John smiled to himself. He was very happy. It had been a month since the two of them had started talking. He knew her favorite color, Yellow, that she had a sister named Elizabeth, that she lived in California, same as him, and that her best friend had moved to NYC the year prior. So now John was hers.

Peggy swore to herself. I spoke too soon. Why'd she say Ily? WHY? Her phone dinged. Was it? Her eyes must be deceiving her. For he had sent her a picture of about the turtles.

And-pegs: thank you ily2
That1-turtle: I should delete these now b4 my girlfriend find them.
And-pegs: WHAT?

Peggy saw red.

That1-turtle: I'm KIDDING! Calm down!
Peggy shook her head and then decided to call him. She hadn't wanted to have him hear her voice, but it was time.
"Hi." She heard his voice and was instantly enveloped in his sound.
"Hi." Her voice must've sounded breathy and gross.
"I love you." He said. Peggy's heartbeat quickened.
"I love you too." Peggy responded. She lay in bed listening to him talking until she realized it was 2:00 am.

John hung up, saying "I love you." One last time before so. He leaned his head to his pillow. He couldn't wait for after school when they would talk again.