Ten-

"Nicole Lane!" I scolded my two year old daughter as she ran around the apartment, not caring about a word I said. I finally caught her, scooping her up in my arms a bit aggressively.

"Mama!" She scowled her pouty lips at me, kicking her feet. God, she was fussy when she didn't get her nap. I carried her into her bedroom and laid her in the small toddler bed, kissing her forehead and closing the curtains.

I stepped out of the room quietly before I turned and saw Nick standing at my front door. I put my hand to my chest, scared half to death.

"You just about gave me a heart attack Nick, jeez." I said in a frustrating tone before standing straight up.

"I wanna talk to you Parker." He told me flat out. He raised his eyebrows a little, then came over and stood in front of me. I braced myself for whatever he was about to say or do. It could be anything. He could tell me he wants nothing to do with Nicole, or he could yell at me for something, or he could very possibly even kiss me which I figure is very unlikely since I pretty much broke his heart.

I looked up into his deep brown eyes and smiled a little to myself.

"I think I wanna try this again." He said quietly, looking between us quickly. I gulped. Was he serious? His thumb rubbed my arm in circles, trying to persuade me. It was working.

"Okay." I whispered. His lips captured mine, and it was like nothing had changed. The kiss was brief, but full of passion.

"But not too fast. Please." I begged, my fingers closing around the sleeves of his shirt.

"Of course." He kissed me on the forehead.

"I like forehead kisses." I said quietly, so as not to disturb the silence in the apartment. I leaned into Nick's chest, and his arm wrapped around me comfortingly.

"I need to go though. I'll be presenting at the Young Hollywood Awards tomorrow. Tell Nicole I said I love her."

"Okay. I really like you Nick." He gave me a confused look, but caught on. I wasn't ready to say that I love him yet. I couldn't get it past my thoughts.

"I like you too Parker." He smiled before leaving and shutting the door behind him. I slouched a little, almost dreamily. Then I heard Nicole waking up.

"Mama!"

I hurried into her room, turning on the light and seeing that she wet the bed. I groaned and threw my head back before going over and picking her up in my arms. I set her on the floor to stand there while I pulled the corners of the sheets from the bed, and folded it all into one, carrying them into the small laundry room.

I threw it all in the washer, put in soap, and started it. So much for her taking a nap and me having some alone time. Nicole was still just standing in her room, staring at her now stripped bed.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked her, crouching down to get to her eye level. Nicole nodded and smiled. I scooped my daughter in my arms, carrying her into the living room.

"Your Daddy came today. He says he loves you very much." I kissed her cheek repeatedly, making her laugh. It was one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard.

"Love Daddy." She could only put a couple words together right now, and it was adorable. I put in a Barbie movie, willing to watch it with her.

~
That night, Nick texted me. We talked about our past, how sorry I was, how sorry he was, and I constantly told him he had nothing to be sorry for. It was all my fault. Then he called me.

"I miss you already." He whined as I answered.

"You're cute." I laughed, inspecting my reflection in the bathroom mirror. He didn't say anything for a few moments, so I piped up.

"Do you seriously trust me again?"

"I do. I really do. I did some thinking. Parker, what I said on Wendy's those couple of years ago, I was serious. You are probably the most perfect girl I have ever been with. Sure, I loved Miley and Olivia, but neither of them compare to you. You are so amazing." I was getting choked up just by this.

"Thank you. That means a lot Nick."

"I hope so. I should get to sleep, I really like you Parker." He said this with a smile.

"I like you too Nick. Goodnight, and you'll do great tomorrow." After we hung up, I realized I didn't want to.