Family Dinner

"No! That's mine!" The uproarious yells of the children discomforted me but I still adored them. Both the children were twins, named Jacob and Levi. I was proud to call them my grandchildren, raised by my beautiful daughter Annabelle. Annabelle was my constant salvation, her optimism and positivism glazed me with happiness. Although I may have discouraged Annabelle in the past, she has always advised me not to dwell on the past. She lived alone since two years ago when her husband died an unfortunate death by a car crash, to be entirely honest I didn't enjoy his company nor his attitude, he was imperfect for my therapeutic daughter. I never accepted Annabelle's eternal depression, I could hear her cry every night until one day I finally walked over to her room to find her lying on bed swarming a picture of her husband with tears. A mesmerising bell whispered it's way into my ear, I finally built up an appreciating smile and got up with struggle. I walked slowly to the kitchen as Jacob and Levi walked surprisingly sensibly behind me, they were raised well. 

"Now kids, before we eat remember to appreciate the food, and don't be greedy." The silvery voice of Annabelle structured a smile on everyone round the table. I picked up the exaggerated silverware, Annabelle liked the concept of continuing the olden days. Annabelle walked over to one of the cabinets to retrieve a packet of crimson coloured napkins. No talking was present, even the twins kept quiet. Annabelle sat down as she passed a napkin each. We all started eating. I noticed or acknowledged that it was Thai food we were eating, I never thought of Thai food to be somewhat fancy. We ate slowly, utensils were heard slightly tapping the plates. Abruptly, Annabelle cleared her throat quite loudly. She opened her mouth, "I am very thankful that we are all eating together! Mother, Father, I am enlightened that you live with us and eat with us. There's nothing more I could ask for." My casual smile grew wider.

"That's all fine dear, I'm just pleased that we're all together as a small but strong family. I love you all." Everyone gave their affection back to me in words but I focused on my beautiful husband, Tobias.

"I love you too honey, I love you too." His words filled me better than the food did.