First Kiss

If Luca had any ounce of control left in his body, it vanished as soon as their lips touched.

He thought he knew Neria’s lips. He had spent quite a lot of time staring at them when she was not looking. He knew that they were full, though they could tighten into a thin line, especially in his presence. He knew that their curves were sharp, almost as sharp as her tongue.

But he had never known how soft they were. How unbelievably smooth and warm they would feel against his own. Part of him wanted to revel in this softness. Wanted to hold her gently and kiss her so slowly that the world would have to stop and wait. But these desires were smothered by the growing fire in his chest. It had been kindling there since the moment they had met, and it erupted now, an explosion of heat and frustration and longing.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulled her hard against him, moved them so that he had her pinned against the wall. He kissed her deeply, furiously. And the longer he explored her lips, the more he wondered how he had waited so long to do so.

Luca had pulled her against him. Neria had.spent moments wondering what it would feel like to be pressed against him like this. And the real thing was nothing like she had imagined. She felt every line of him, every.curve and twist. She felt the heat rolling off his skin. This was so much better than what her imagination made up even with the wall.pressed against her back..

His kisses became demanding and she willingly answered, tipping her head up and giving him more room to work with.  Heat danced under her skin, desire and want pushing aside all sane thoughts as her hands shifted from his shoulders to tangle deeply in his hair. She clung.to him, her heart thundering in her chest and her breathing becoming heavy.

Her fingers were in his hair. Maker, her fingers were in his hair. How could she have spent the last month hating him, and then know to do that? Know that it would make him crazy with need of her?

Perhaps she didn’t know. Perhaps her body did. It knew him, knew just how to lean into him, just how to touch him, as though it were made for that purpose.

But was his body made for hers? Did she feel the same burning in her chest, the same overwhelming desire that he did? It was foolish, but he hoped for it with all his being.

Neria wondered if there was anyway that she could.get closer to him. Between the wall against her back and him holding her, she didn't think it was possible to get any closer.

This felt right.

It felt right being with him like this. Almost as if she was made for him, made to be with him. Wasn't that crazy? They had spent the last month hating each other, constantly bickering and here they were like this.. It was crazy, this whole thing was crazy but she didn't care.

Did he?

Did this bother him?

Did he want this like she did? She didn't think on it anymore and just focused on kissing him, committing how his lips felt and how he tasted to memory.

Luca had to breathe. His lungs were beginning to burn, but Maker, he didn’t want to pull away from her. He had gotten so lost in the taste of her lips, in the warmth of her breath, that it was almost impossible to separate himself from them. It was like peeling away a second layer of skin, but he forced himself to pull away.

He took a deep, shaky breath and blinked away the daze that was clouding his mind. And then he was left staring at her. Neria. He had kissed her. He had touched her. He had liked it.

Once he pulled back, Neria immediately felt her face heating up. Did she really just kiss Luca like that and enjoy it? Maker. She was terrified to look up at his face, to see his expression. She didn't want to see his sarcastic side return, didn't have the heart to witness that change in him right now. Not after what just happened.

Freeing her hands from his hair, Neria bit down on her lip and fixed her gaze on his chest, where his heart was beating. Was it racing like hers?