House Mate

"But this is my ancestral house!"

"So you've said, about the tenth time now. I heard you the first time."

"She just can't invite a stranger to live here!"

"Look mister," Maine mustered all her measly height cold afford her, "I freakin paid the whole of six months to stay in this house and I signed a legal and binding freaking contract with your freakin sister who, may I remind you sir, is also the half-owner of this property and has every right to lease this place to whoever she freakin wants. Which is me, by the way. Now, we can learn to compromise in the next four months or call your lawyer because, for the last time Mr. Richards, I. AM. NOT LEAVING. THIS. HOUSE."

That was two months ago.

He had just gotten home from his extended project build from overseas when he found a strange woman living in his house.

Her sister vouched for the strange girl when he called to confirm it and now, here they are.

Alden would like to claim that they've learned to co-exist peacefully but really, the woman is quite impossible.

One moment she's lecturing him the false dichotomy of misandry and feminism and fuck patriarchy! fuck the societies that uphold it! and the next debating him which character is better between Squidward and Patrick. Which, Squidward all the way! The girl likes to raise her point and stab him with it.

He cannot quite capture Maine Mendoza in one word. She's vain but not girly. She's free-spirited but still be very traditional. She claims to be an introvert but she's loud when she wants to be. The woman is full of contradictions. She cannot be contained. She's Maine.

Also for some reason, she likes to catcall him at the randomest moments.

One time, they were bickering one another's choice of breakfast food in the kitchen island.

"Narinig mo na ba kong pumuna ng pagkain mo? Hindi naman diba. So kain ka lang dyan ng unhealthy sugary at artificially-colored cereal mo, tapos ako, nitong lame protein shake ko, okay?"

"Naawa lang ako sa taste buds mo, Alden. Mamatay ka ba pag nakakain ka ng may lasang pagkain?"

"I like healthy, okay? My body is a temple--"

"Fuck yes it is!" she interrupts him with a passionate slap to the table.

Natigilan sa gulat si Alden.

"Kelan ang pa-misa? Gusto kong magsimba sa temple na yan."

Cue the blush.

Mortified, Alden forgot to deliver his point and hurriedly leaves her to her yummy sugary morning cereal.

Score 1 to Maine.

Good morning to the world.

--

Para kay Maine, si Alden Richards na yata ang pinaka-uptight na taong nakilala niya.

When she rented this place, Ate Pat assured her that her brother is almost always on trips- out of the country, out in far-flung areas, out of the house. His unexpected comeback threw a little wrench to her plans but it doesn't matter anymore. Watching him wear suits, work out, and be adorable with the neighborhood dogs is well worth the istorbo.

The guy is so fit, pwedeng-pwede magset up ng livestream para maglive show ng pagsuot lang nito ng suit every morning. People would pay for that shit. Kung di lang kokontra si Mr. Sungit e, may extrang pinagkakaitan na sana sila. Hmp!

Kaya naman, to entertain herself, she had made it her personal daily mission to make his ears blush at least once a day.

Their days practically went like this – Maine teasing the heck out of Alden and Alden slowly learning how to develop tolerance to Maine's naughty retorts.