Intro

He held her in his arms almost in tears. The treaty is over in a few weeks and they'd be torn from each other for a while until the war was over. Unless the worse happens during the war.

She had fallen into a deep sleep, but still he didn't want to show weakness. He loves her and she him, that's what is to make it so hard for him to fight knowing it might be his end. No for him to even leave, knowing it may be her last time seeing him. If he were to go down during this he would never come back like any other time. That would kill her.

He ran his hand through her dark hair. Tears welled in his eyes and a lump formed in his throat. Trying so hard not to weep.

She woke up screaming. Another nightmare. He held her close calming her. "Hey it's okay. It's me. It was just a nightmare." He soothed. He started singing to her with his angelic voice. Eventually she calmed and fell back into a sleep.

He smiled now. But then his expression darkened, realizing no one will be there when she wakes up from a nightmare in the future. She would soon wake up in terror and have no one to hold her. No one to soothe her.

He's tried finding a way to stop the war from coming upon him, only to find nothing. He's layed in bed nights that she wasn't there, weeping. He'd weep until he had no more tears. It broke his heart to have to leave her for such a long time, and maybe even forever.

She knows this war is to be upon them in a few weeks and she knows she can't help. She tries to calm his nerves. She tells him there's nothing to worry about, but he doesn't listen. She tries to tell him how he's stronger than Sam. He knows that's not the truth. He's trained for years, more than Nick.

Even though Deanna's turned over to his side, still he's scared that he and her can't win against his demonic army. He's honestly scared. Deanna has helped him train over the past year since she's turned pure. But still he feels weak compared to Sam's power.

Nick feels as if Deanna's just putting on an act to take him over and win this war. She still acts as if she's evil. She still speaks with Sam. That's why he won't share anything important with her. Reek, his second, feels the same about her. She tells him he should drop her, but he feels there is still hope.

He got up to go into the kitchen. He doesn't need to eat as his immortality does not require the action. But he loves taste. He loves this sense he acquires. It also allows him to acquire a mortal like relationship with Eva.

"Babe?" He heard Eva ask with worry in her voice. He went back to the room and layed next to her, placing his arms around her waist again. "What's wrong?" She asked. He shook his head and placed his hand on her cheek. "Nothing. What would be wrong? I have you all to myself these next few weeks." She looked him in his eyes. Her tired eyes seemed to see right through his lies.

She places her hands around his neck as he kisses her. When they pull apart, she keeps her worried look. "Babe, I know something's wrong. I know what it is. You need to calm down. There's at least a month before it happens. You're going to be fine. You and Reek and Deanna. I mean, granted, she may be a demon still, and shit. But if she really is who she says she is, then you've got Sam beat."

He nodded, again trying to hold back tears. "I love you." He told her, befire kissing her head and laying down himself to sleep. He doesn't need it but he wanted it. It helps pass the time.