→ ARCHIE ANDREWS

❝ it was always you ❞
[ confessions of a red head ]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Cheryl Blossom's after party was a disaster. Well, it was a success for her, but a complete shit show for you.

The moment Veronica and Archie walked into the closet, you fled. You ran to wherever your feet took you. And your feet seemed to take you to Archie's front door. Funny isn't it? Something always brings you to him.

Tears threatened to spill and you wonder, whatever are you crying for? It wasn't like Archie and you were dating, not like you were in love with each other. But you were so hopelessly in love with him, did he even feel the same?

Busy feeling sorry for yourself, you didn't register the sound of footsteps approaching, or the weight of somebody sitting next to you. 

It was only when you heard that oh so familiar voice, that brought you out of your sorry state. 

"(Y/N)."

He was the last person you wanted to hear from right now. You ignored him and prayed to some higher power that he would go away. But he didn't.

"Please talk to me," he beckoned. Instead, you buried your face in your hands and childishly shook your head.

Sighing, he pulled your hands away from your face and pulled you in for a hug. The two of you stayed like this for a while and you didn't want this moment to end, the feeling of you being wrapped in his arms.

He pulled away and you momentarily felt empty at the loss, when he did something that you had only dreamed of.

He kissed you. Archie Andrews was kissing you. 

It felt like all those corny clichés in one kiss. You felt the fireworks, the sparks, the passion, the whole shebang.

It felt like an eternity when, much to your dismay, the kiss ended and he pulled away. He rested his forehead on yours and you found yourself lost in his eyes. You swear you'll never get tired of them.

"I love you," he told you with so much adoration in his voice you swear your heart felt like it was going to burst. "Only you."

You couldn't help the grin that was growing on your face and you leaned forward to capture his lips once again.

Maybe, Cheryl's after party wasn't a disaster after all.