thE canYon Ride

The first daylight was uncovering a long filed right in front of them when they stopped the car on a muddy road between deep water filled furrows and the van nearly stuck in one of them. Sicheng lifted his head to notice a group of people, most were Yuta's age, who were crowding around motorbikes. They left the car and approached them, Yuta shook some hands.

"This is Sicheng, he decided to take part in the canyon ride with me," said Yuta so a tall guy tapped Sicheng's shoulder causing him to jump away again.

Humans touch was wrong, he still couldn't guess what pleasure they were finding in it.

He was keeping close to Yuta who was discussing a lot of details with the men and women.

"Who's going first?" asked the tall guy.

"Um... Sicheng," Yuta stepped closer to him causing everything inside him to tingle. "Come with me for a moment."

The boy nodded following Yuta, step after step till the end of the field, that opened up on a meters long abyss of a canyon, the river had sculptured in the stone ages ago.

"Do you see that rock shelf?" asked Yuta pointing to a small scrap of grass in the middle of the stone wall that was barely visible in the rising daylight.

"Yes," Sicheng looked at the boy, the glow of the down made his eyes color prettier than ever, Sicheng was observing how the cool wind was playing with the hair strings on Yuta's forehead and for the first time he had the idea to touch one, to see how it felt underneath his fingers, but he just stayed still enjoying the view.

"So we will speed the motorbike up enough to jump above the canyon, if we succeed we will land somewhere in this grass scrap, if not," Yuta took a breath. "The rests of us will be dragged off by the river," he leaned over the edge and Sicheng had the urge to catch him but he reminded himself he's not in his real form. "My question is do you still want to do it?"

"Yes," Sicheng nodded.

"Aren't you afraid?" asked Yuta looking him straight in the eyes.

"No," Sicheng smiled.

Yuta shook his head, he turned around returning to the group while Sicheng glanced at the piece of grass in the stone wall. It wasn't far, but then he realized Yuta hasn't got wings. Something twisted inside him when he walked back to the people.

"The ground is too sticky, we won't gain enough speed," said the tall guy when Sicheng was approaching.

So he stayed a little behind Yuta kneeling down, placing his fingers on the field. He was watching the light carefully, controlling it so it won't leave his fingers, while he brought frost over the ground causing the mud to become hard. Then he moved up returning to the group.

He stopped next to Yuta observing the others who were making deals, who will go alone, who with a companion. A guy was standing on the other side and when Sicheng caught his eyes, he felt the energy of a dying ember, the darkness was slowly gathering around the man, his light disappearing on the far end of the field. Sicheng became nervous. The guardian had known and ran, although it was his duty to stay with his soul till the end. If he could take his place for a moment, Sicheng might even get a glimmer of a chance to save the man.

"Sicheng are you jumping with me?" asked Yuta and the boy turned to him.

He felt bright energy, the luck was on Yuta's side so Sicheng knew no little scratch or bruise will stain his soul today.

"I'm going with this one," Sicheng pointed at the man who looked at him with empty eyes.

"But..." Yuta was shocked.

"You will be alright," said Sicheng smiling and Yuta just nodded.

"Take care we will meet there," he said turning to the skinny older man walking to his bike.

Thank you so much your support makes each of my days, thank you for over 1K reads, you're the best readers

What do you think about the canyon ride preparations? Do you think it's ok that Sicheng decided to rescue another human?

Much <3