Lectures & Lessons

I slowly knocked on the bathroom door, knowing Shawn was inside.
"Come in," He said quietly.
"Do you mind if I do my make up here?" I asked walking in.
"Not at all," Shawn said. He was so caring and so gentle. I was applying my concealer as he was brushing his teeth.
"Why do you even wear make-up? You're already pretty," He says causing me to blush.
"Well thank you, but I like to look good on the first day on campus," I chuckled.
"Honestly, make-up suits you, but you look better without it," He said walking out the bathroom.
"Smart," I laughed. I applied my eyeliner and mascara. It took me about 10 minutes.
"Are you ready to go?" Shawn asked knocking on the door.
"Definitely," I smiled opening it.
"Are you ready?" Shawn asked looking into my nervous eyes.
"Not really," I looked nervously at him.
"Breathe Alexia, I'm going to be here if you need me," He said pulling me into a hug.
"Thank you so much Shawn,"
______________________

Our first lecture was quite simple, we went over the syllabus and set are goals for the first term. Me and Shawn didn't give too much attention, we really just sat, whispering in the back. Shawn & I were assigned to cover a song of choice, I was really excited. Next period, I had Art but Shawn had football tryouts.
"Good luck," I smiled waving goodbye. The art room wasn't too far. Maybe about 2 minutes in the distance. I walked and there was a teacher, 4 students and Cameron who signaled me to sit next to him. After five minutes, a few more students came in. The teacher stood up and smiled.
"It's your lucky day kids, you've got a free period," She said sitting back down. I was thinking about what I should do and I decided to go watch Shawn try out.
"Cam, I'm going to go watch Shawn for his football tryouts, want to join?" I asked politely.
"Cool," He said standing up. When we got to tryouts Shawn was already on the field.
"Damn, he's good," I said as he kicked the ball from a perfect angle.
"I'm pretty sure he'll make the cut," Cameron smiled at me.
"Awesome, he was really nervous," I said as Shawn noticed us. He gave me an innocent smile and I smiled back.
"So how long have you two been dating?" Cameron asked.
"What?" I laughed.
"You and Shawn," He said in an obvious tone.
"We're not," I giggled.
"Oh, but you two have such chemistry and I thought," Cameron chuckled.
"Don't worry about it," I giggled slightly. In a flash I saw Shawn running towards me.
"So?" I asked excitedly.
"I made the team," Shawn blurted out.
"Yes!" I shouted hugging him. We pulled into a tight hug for a while.
"You two fooled me," Cameron laughed.
"I swear, we're not dating," I laughed.
"She's just the only friend I got here," Shawn smiled looking at me, "And she's an awesome one."
"Right back at you Mendes," I laughed.
"Whatever, I need to bounce, see you at the party tonight," Cameron said about to leave.
"What party?" I asked.
"Mine, everyone's invited. It's gon' be lit," Cameron laughed.
"Awesome, we'll be there," I smiled. Shawn nodded in agreement.
"I am so happy for you," I said excitedly.