Chapter 4

T A T E

‘Gross’ that’s what has been running inside my head ever since Rick said that. He thinks that being with a guy is gross. I immediately distanced myself from him, somehow, I felt revolted too at myself. The tardy bell hasn’t rang yet but Cedric and the rest have headed to arts class and yes, we all have the same first subject and then different for the others. However, Rick and I have the same subjects, he refused to not have the same subjects as mine.

I made an excuse so that I’d be alone for now. For the moment, I don’t want to see Rick because it was so painful especially when I saw his expression. I gathered the things from my locker since I’m here now and I didn’t want to go to class empty handed since Derek was there, the ever sharp. I consider them as my friend too. They’d been so kind and great to me.

‘Gross’

I closed my eyes and sighed heavily. I know this would’ve happened but I just kept on giving myself hope. Rick was not to be blamed, I suffer my own consequences. My nape suddenly felt numb and started to crack it to relieve the stress. I closed my locker and carried my things which was quite heavy since there were 3 books and a notebook. I started to walk to class, I didn’t want to be late and I sure didn’t want to wait for the tardy bell to ring. Voices echoed in the halls while I walked to my classroom. They seemed to be teasing someone but not the dangerous one since they sounded like they were having the teasing inside their group. But since their voices were mixed, it was hard to tell if I knew the people. Fearing that I might run to some bullies, I walked faster. The corner of the corridor was now closer and so was the voice. If they would reach me, I pray that they aren’t the bullies. I turned to the right but someone called me.

“Hey, wait!” A voice called out.

I stopped in my tracks and dared to look back only to see Jade. I sighed in relief at his and his friends’ smiling faces. Jade approached me and took the things in my hands.

“Here, let me help you with that.” He said coolly lifted the weight from my hands.

“I can manage.” I said but the things were already at his hands.

“It’s cool.” He said and flashed me a smile. He turned back to his gang and nodded at them. “See you later dudes.” To which the guys replied with nods.

Jade Patrick Harrison, the captain of the school’s soccer team. One of the hunks in school happened to be civil to me too. We talk sometimes when we see each other in the halls and his gang is civil to me too. Jade is a gorgeous guy. Bright blue eyes, blond hair and square jaw almost like Rick’s but the small scar on his lips added to his sexiness. His built was not as big as Scott’s but he had his more than fair share.

“You seemed relieved back there.” Jade commented. I looked at him and he was walking calmly, eyes directly to where he was walking to.

“Yeah, I was afraid that I’d run into the dark side of the Taekwondo club.” I admitted. Jade knew what I meant. Not all of Cedric’s club mates are ignoring me, some are quite evil, especially Evan.

I felt Jade’s stare coming from the side but I dare not look back at him. He sighed but continued to walk. “How many times did I tell you not to go alone in the corridors without Cedric.” He said it as if I was hopeless. It would be good if Cedric was with me all the time, but not that ‘all the time.’ I need some space, he needs his space and besides, I’m trying to put distance here.

“Rick has his own things to do sometimes, other than babysit me.” I said almost bitterly. I heard Jade chuckle and may I tell you it was a sexy one. I chuckled with him too, making things lighter.