2. She Wasn't That Goodlooking Anyway

Jack never seemed to get relationships right. Maybe because he always picked the psycho girls. Maybe it was just him.

    His mom had always told him to stop blaming his problems on other people.

   "You're never going to get anywhere in life with an attitude like that," his mom said, pouring milk into his cereal.

   He ignored him and began shovelling his cereal into his mouth. He wasn't bothered to listen to his mother's lectures today.

   "In fact, you're never going to get anywhere in life if I have to keep pouring your cereal for you!"

   Jack turned his head towards her and gave her a dirty look, "Can you please not?"

   "Not my fault she broke up with you," his mom told him, raising her eyebrow and walking out of the kitchen.

   "Ugh" Jack muttered, hitting his head against the table.

   "She didn't break up with me!" He shouted out to his mom, "we're just fighting!"

   Who was he trying to fool, Jack knew it was over. But maybe if he pretended it wasn't, it wouldn't be. Maybe she'd text him and tell him to come out. Maybe.

   Jack stood up and shuffled towards the sink, dumping his bowl into it before exiting the kitchen and opening the front door, "I'm going out!"

   He didn't wait for a reply as he slammed the door. He didn't need one, Jack didn't need anything or anyone.

   He made his way down the stairs of the apartment block and yanked the front door open, taking in the fresh air from the outside world. Today would be a good day, he could feel it.

   Well, as he walked out of his estate, he began to realise maybe he needed to move on Jessica. She had a terrible personality, and he decided she wasn't even that goodlooking anyway.

   "Jack."

    Jack turned his head to see Dylan and his friends walking towards him.

    "Fuck" he whispered under his breath, speeding up until he was running.

   He was fucked.