Chapter 8- Unconscious desires of the heart

Chapter 8

It's gotta be you - Isaiah

Kim Bok Joo's POV

The sun's light radiated all over my face as I draped the curtains. What a perfect sight! It's been a long time since I've seen the sun upon waking up. It's either the sun hasn't risen yet when I leave for training or it has already set when I arrive home. Today is also one of the few good days that Joon Hyung and I can finally have some rest: no trainings and travels away from each other. Just the two of us. Before I drown with my own thoughts and fantasies, I felt a pair of hands snaked around my waist and a chest pressed on to my back. I couldn't help but smile at how Joon Hyung has made this his morning ritual: embracing me from behind when he wakes up. He lightly kissed the back of my head and mumbled "Good morning, chubs" I giggled then turned around to face him.

"Good morning to you too, handsome" I tapped his nose and lightly pecked his soft lips, completely waking him up. I don't know why I adored his lips, well maybe because it's the first lips I have ever kissed and I've grown to be addicted to it.

"You always steal a kiss from me. Why can't be I as good as you when it comes to timing. Aish, you're always better than me, Kim Bok Joo" he pouted. How cute. The thought of him comparing my abilities to sneak kisses from each other fascinated me.

"Are we seriously going to fight over that?" I made a long face. He grinned and surprisingly kissed me.

"Yah" I haughtily replied.

"We don't have trainings today,right? " he suddenly asked and looked out the window. I nodden in response and did the same.

"Finally!" Joon Hyung exclaimed. I strangely stared at him.

"Finally I can spend time with you alone!" He, without warning, pulled me to the couch, making me fall onto his lap. I strangled for a bit but he tightened his hold and I figured he wasn't going to let go of me any sooner. We stared at each other for awhile, then he brushed my hair aside my face. He traced the contours of my face as if familiarizing himself with me. It warmed my heart that we have the same habits; studying each others' faces. And I'm more than happy to know he feels the same about me.

"Let's go to the beach!" He announced. Joon Hyung must be joking to make me laugh at him but he just blinked his eyes towards me.

"I'm serious"

"What? Why do you want to go to the beach?" Well to begin with, it's sunny and we have nothing to do besides sleep and rest. Going out is not a bad idea, but why the beach?

"I just feel like it. Come on? Let's go, please please please" he linked his arm with my arm and batted his eyelashes, acting all cute. How can I resist this ball of energy? I gave up and sighed. He instantly shoved me aside the couch and stood up

"Yah!! Jung Joon Hyung!"

"You're too heavy, chubs" he stuck his tongue out. Aish! Besides his sweetness, he also doesn't fail to annoy me. I got up from my seat and ran after him.

We packed our things and headed out. I realized that he was right; It's the perfect day to go to the beach. It's a weekday so it would be less crowded. We both never wanted a place of full people. Maybe, we were already used to being just the two of us.

The trip went by quickyly. We reached the beach in no time. Joon Hyung couldn't hide his excitement and happiness at the sight of the vast sea. From afar, I spotted seagulls flocking all over the place