1

Let me tell you about my crazy life. It isn't like anyone else's I know. My brother Ashton takes care of me way more than my parents do because they are never around. My parents work all day and party all night and don't even bother to come home to check up on us and when they do they are so hard on Ashton it isn't even fair. I'm 16 and am a junior in high school. My brother Ashton is 18 and is a senior. My brother has always been very protective over me and it can be annoying at times.

"Kayla" Ashton called from downstairs.

"I'm coming I'm coming" I shouted down.

Today was a Thursday just two more days of school to get through till the weekend, but in my life there isn't a dull moment to be honest. Ashton's friends Luke, Michael, and Calum practically live in my house but I like their company. To add onto the party at my house my best friend Becky also basically lives here too. So living with a bunch of other teenagers can be cool but I'm the youngest of everyone. Michael, Ashton, Calum, and Becky are seniors and Luke and I are juniors.

I went downstairs and Calum and Luke were shirtless, I mean it isn't really a new sight for me since they've been living here. All of Ashton's friends are cool but they can be annoying. I guess I can describe what everyone is like.

Ashton is the oldest and the most practical. He is the father figure in the house and can be judgmental at times but he will always be there for you.

Michael is the weird one out of the group and likes to play video games a lot. He is funny and charming and loves his hair dye.

Calum is the cocky footballer. He has the nicest skin and the most toned body. Definitely the cutest of the three because obviously I wouldn't think Ashton is cute since he is my brother gross, but he is also the most annoying to me because he makes fun of me a lot.

Luke is the shy quiet one. He is the second youngest besides me. We have a lot of classes together at school and he is honestly one of the sweetest guys I've ever met.

Becky is my spunky best friend. Every brunette needs a blonde best friend am I right? She is everything I'm not, confident, loud, and beautiful.

Now me. I'm the dreamer, the writer, the sassy one I suppose. Shy and quiet around new people but with these five people I've never felt so close to anything.

We all drove to school together and Ashton would always drive although even I could drive myself. The seating arrangements were always the same too. Ashton driving, Becky in the passenger seat, Michael on the left, then Luke. Calum, and then me jammed on the right side. I swear Becky and Ashton have a secret thing going in but nobody really knows for sure. But anyways the drive to school was about 10 minutes and we would all walk in together but the guys would go their way and Becky and I in the different direction.

"Are you going to the party tomorrow?" Becky asked.

"I mean I kinda have to since it's at my house" I said laughing.

I like going to parties but Ashton is always looking at what I'm doing and it can be so annoying.

"Ashton is gonna be watching me like the entire time" I said.

"Well I'll get him to stop" Becky said smirking.

"I don't even wanna know what kind of tricks you have up your sleeve" I said.

The bell rang and Becky and I went our separate ways and now I'm back to being the quiet girl everyone thinks I am.