Prologue

Shai

The footsteps were getting closer.  His breathing nearer. I squeezed my eyes shut, held my breath. Hoping, praying, i wouldn't get caught. I wasn't meant to be here, but i needed to clear my past of all incidents and accidents. And now, i needed to get out. His footsteps were so close; i didn't dare open my eyes. Slowly, painfully, the footsteps dispersed and just as Slowly, I opened my eyes.  I heard the click of a door, signalling his lack of presents.  I took my chance and ran for the window. Pushing with everything I had, i felt the breeze whoosh in. Almost pushing over in it's way.  I place my hands on the window sill and force my way up and through the window.  I forget about safety as strong whispers are heard on the other side of the room. I jump. Not caring if i was caught. Then i run.  To the only place I know is safe.

I barely place my hand to the wood before it's yanked open and i was pulled into a tight pair of arms.
"What happened?" i shake my head in answer. I can't tell him. Not this time. He doesn't push. And i'm glad. As he shuts the door, i walk to the other side of the room. The silence is deafening. I want to be the one too break it, but the words freeze in my throat. I turn to him. He open his mouth. But as he's about to speak, the door bust open and our safe haven is ruined. Be both freeze, and stare at the devil in human form.

I expected him to yell, tell me to leave. But he just looked at us as if bored of this situation already.
"Godric. I expected you to be in bed." there was an icy clip to his voice and i knew we were in shit.
"And you know I dont like her over. " he said it without looking at me, but i knew what he was getting at.

"Well, thank the angels you don't decide what goes down in Godrics' life." I didn't realise i said the words until Victors dark eyes met mine. Me and Godric used to be so afraid of him. Now, i just figured our feat only gave him more power over us. "Your not his dad. No family what so ever, so don't tell him what to do." i really needed to shut up.

"Hmm. I'm really glad you remind ed me of that Shai. It just makes it so much easier to do this." With that last word, he takes out a gun. Aims it at Godric and cocks it.

"Either you two Stop with this-" i motions the gun between us, "or i Shoot you."
"Bullshit. I'm not going to not be friends with her just because you say. Have no say. " That's when I saw the smirk appear on his faves and his finger move to the trigger.
" I have the only say. " I didn't even think before i through my self in front of Godric and heard the gun go off. Then i felt the pain. It ripped through my chest.  I felt the warm liquid run down my abdomen and then i heard yelling. My knees became week and i felt my self falling. My legs gave out from underneath me. I met The ground, but i no Longer felt it. I felt nothing. Godric was kneeling beside me. But i couldn't hear the words. He had tears in his eyes, and it was because of me.

                       ***

It hurt. Being here hurt. But i knew one thing. I wasn't scared.