The Task Ahead.

The car pulled to a stop, with a little jerk as always. Austin never really liked that jerk, always made him feel like he had done something wrong the the vehicle. He knew otherwise, that the car was fine, but he always would get that feeling. After putting the car in park he turned the car off and dropped the keys into the middle compartment, with a plop. All of this was so simple for Austin, just like his day ahead.

Austin opened the door to his car, stepping out of it and closing the door behind him. Glancing around he spotted the trash bins outside the house, full as they always were. Austin was here to do his job, if one could call it that. His friend, Nathaniel Gore, wanted Austin around more often to help him with just simple things so he hired Austin to do just that. Outside of the trash, however, all Austin really ever did was give Nathaniel advice. He wouldn't complain though, in Austin's 23 years of existence this was the easiest way he had made a living.

Austin had nearly made it to the dumpster at the other end of the house when he heard a window open on the second story of the three story house. "Up here quickly, it's important." Before Austin could even get close to giving a response he heard the window close.

That was just like his friend, although Austin was surprised that the prat was up so early. Austin opened the dumpster and threw in the garbage, having no idea about what (or maybe who) was coming.

...

"Alright what is it you prat?" Austin asked, pulling a chair from a table in Nathaniel's room. The room was about the size of Austin's apartment really. Having a bed that stretched out from the wall further away from the door, this table which was used for studying back in the past, and a lot of open space that Austin figured that Nathaniel used for "imagination". The closest was over in the far corner next to the bed.

Nathaniel was sitting on the bed staring into his now open closet.  "I have... I guess you could call it a date." Nathaniel's gaze stayed fixed on his clothes and footwear while he spoke.

"Oh really?" Austin was overly enthused, hoping to go home early. He didn't even realize that he had clasped his hands together.

"Don't get too excited," his friend looked over at him, "You're going with me."

Austin hopped out of the chair and walked over to the bed, ready to make his case. "You don't want me there, I'll just make things awkward."

Nathaniel rolled his eyes and walked over to the closet, pulling out clothes and placing them back after disapproval. "There's not a time your presence doesn't make things awkward. However, I feel... anxious."

Austin decided to let go of what his friend just said and sat on the bed. "Anxious?" Nathaniel had been on plenty of dates, and every time he would tell Austin about the experience. Sometimes Austin regretted hearing of his friend's adventures.

"Yes, I've been asked by my parents if I'd meet this girl. All I know is that her name is Penelope and that the date will be at her parents house, where she lives."

Austin was still confused. "Then why would you be anxious?"

Nathaniel finally found an outfit  he approved of and threw it on the bed. "I know the Wilherm family, I've even met them from time to time, but I have never even once heard them speak of a duaghter."

Austin could help but chuckle, "So you're having a date with their son?"

Nathaniel facepalmed and shoved Austin in the shoulder. "Like I said before her name is Penelope. What worries me is that I've never heard of her. If they wouldn't bring her up and I'm going to their house."

Austin stood to leave the room so Nathaniel could change in private. "Don't worry Prat. I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Mhm. Why don't you go get the car started?"

"Which one?"

"Oh, you know. The one I take all of my dates on."