Fear of Acceptance

Dazai POV:

I felt it again. The same feelings reflected in her light emerald eyes. Her flames danced around unstably, responding according to her emotions. She feared her ability and for that she didn't want to use it, let alone accepting them.

"Yuuki, calm down. Look around you, your flames are different." I said.

"H-how am I suppose to accept it..? I'm scared....I don't want this...." Yuuki cried in fear.

This can be bad....Yuuki seems afraid of her ability....If she doesn't control her emotions, the same scenes will repeat themselves like that night...

"Yuuki, just listen to me. There's no need to be afraid of your ability, didn't it protect you? So why are you running away?" I asked, hoping those words can cool her down a little.

"Protect me....? Even so....This ability is just too strong....And because of that, everyone wanted my powers....I can't....This ability was the one that made my life miserable....Just how...?" Yuuki mumbled in sadness as tears rolled down from her eyes.

This is different....Now she's upset...about her miserable life....Was it because she lost someone....?

"T-this ability....Despite this gifted ability, my mother and father still loved me....But they died because of me...my powers....So how am I going to accept them?!" Yuuki shouted in rage.

The flames transformed into a phoenix, but it wasn't as ferocious as that night. It somehow symbolise the feeling of miserable, sad and fear. As it stretched its blazing wings, the heat traveled to my skin, hot and menacing. After some time, the phoenix then stood behind Yuuki, protecting her with its wings as if she was its master.

This again....I don't why....The feelings she showed in her eyes....For two years....She lived a life that she was never supposed to have....Why do I feel so upset for her....?

"*Sniff* *Sniff* Why can't I live like a normal girl....? Why me....? I...I..." Yuuki mumbled in tears.

She's crying....

"ALL I WANT WAS MOTHER AND FATHER TO LIVE LONGER!! TELL ME!! HOW CAN I ACCEPT THIS?!?!" Yuuki yelled in rage.

The phoenix responded by gracefully flapped its wings together, propelling huge steams of fire towards my direction. But it was futile.

As I braced for the heat coming towards me, I raised my hand up in front of me with ease. White kanji gathered around the flames when the flames scorched my hand a little, instantly nullifying them into nothingness.

"Yuuki, calm down." I said, worriedly.

"H-how..? I don't want to accept it....If I did, I might lose someone precious to me again....I'm scared....Please help me...." Yuuki mumbled as tears kept falling from her light emerald eyes.

She's doesn't want to lose anyone....? That's why she didn't dare to accept her powers....

Without thinking, my legs moved and slowly walking towards Yuuki with each step.

"Dazai, what are you doing?!" Chuuya yelled.

I ignored Chuuya's words and walked without hesitation. All I could think of now was to comfort Yuuki.

"D-dazai-san, stop! Don't come close! I don't want to hurt you, please!" Yuuki pleaded but I ignored regardlessly.

With each step closer and closer to Yuuki, I felt the heat wave upon me as the flames danced around her. I continued to walk without stopping, any flame scratched either my skin or clothes, all were nullified.