The Clave's Experiment

Now, I suppose by now its common knowledge to Downworlders and ShadowHunters alike. The Clave was cruel. The Clave was cold just like the Angels of Heaven they wished to please. And everyone knew there was one thing that the Clave had a fatal flaw. Curiosity for what it doesn't understand. They say curiosity killed the cat? I say it killed the Clave.

16 years ago a twisted idea struck the Clave's minds. That idea was based on the Downworlders they despised and didn't understand. Why not have a ShadowHunter with all the supernatural abilities as it's neighbors? This idea was first brought to the Clave by none other than Valentine Morgestern himself.

But just how would they succeed such a thing. A ShadowHunter with powers of Vampires, Wewewolves, Fey, and Warlocks? Impossible. But who other than the white haired Morgestern to show them such a trick. A trick so easy compared to his own Angel and Demon Hybrids.

They would need a mother first of all. Nephilim. That part was easy. Miss Alyssa Carstairs was up for the task. Ah and Robert Lightwood to help. ShadowHunter part was done. Now for the complications. Four Downworlders were fetched. Camille Belcourt. Head of Praetor Lupus. Ragnor Fell. The Seelie Queen.

Blood was provided from each volunteer. Enough Blood for nine months. Valentine did his work. Jocelyn wanted no part. Nine months later. She was born. Fed Downworlding blood since day one. And it would be in her milk and food until age two.

What to name this amazing hybrid? A name worthy of so much power. Andromeada! declared Valentine. It had just piped up and held no significant meaning. But oh she did. She held a lot of meaning. She'd be an important part in his plan.

And now 16 years later. Valentine dead. Lost in the cells under the Clave, Andromeada held no significant meaning. They'd keep her locked here they said. But they didn't know. Didn't know the strength she had under the full moon combined with her other senses. She easily bent the bars and escaped. A danger to all.