Chapter 3

I ended up passing out some time later on the floor. I was unable to tell what time it was. I was kidnapped in the evening but these guys could've kept me asleep for who knows how long. It could've been days ago for all I knew.

I awoke in a different room again. I was tied down to a chair. The room around me was plain, like the bedroom I was last in. But this time, it was only black instead of white. I could clearly see the door, but that was the only other color, and it was so dark it nearly blended with the wall.

What's going on?

I looked around, observing the plain room. I was alone, but I felt like someone was watching me. I tried my best to look behind me, but I didn't know what or who was behind me, if anything. I caught a glimpse of a camera in the far right corner of the room. It hung from the wall, and it mixed in well with the black wall. I almost didn't notice it.

I attempted to move my bound arms, but the rope was tied so tight I could hardly move them. They were growing cold as I continued to sit in silence. They were turning a shade of purple and I could feel them growing numb.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the door opened and the owl man walked in. He was wearing a black shirt with a yellow bat symbol on the chest. He also carried a pistol with him as he closed the door behind him.

"Now that you're awake, I have some questions," he began while he stood there loading his pistol, "We were able to unlock your watch and discover that you are a part of a gang. You work for Jason, correct?"

I didn't respond.

"Anyway, your gang is interesting. A powerful one, too. Mostly specializing with drug dealings, right?" he didn't give time to let me answer before he continued, "But the one thing we couldn't find out is your gang's main hiding place."

He walked beside me, fiddling with his pistol. He faced me and raised it to my head.

"One way or another, I will get you to tell me where it is," he muttered. It was obvious why he wanted to know. I vaguely remember Jason telling me about this gang, but I never took them seriously since they wear animal masks and were sloppy with their work. Despite all of that, these guys are powerful. They are neck and neck with my gang, and Sangre. That would explain why they too were targeting the Sangre leader. I couldn't for the life of me recall their name.

He pulled my hair and I grit my teeth as he touched the gun to my forehead. The cool metal rested on my head, but I didn't flinch. I knew he wouldn't kill me since I have the information he's after. He's just trying to scare me into spilling. But I won't budge, at least not so easily.

"Tell me where it is now, and I will consider letting you out with only a few cuts and scars," he hissed threateningly. I remained silent. His grip on my hair grew tighter, and I could tell he was losing his temper swiftly.

He finally lost his temper. He put his gun away, but I knew he wasn't over with the interrogation. He released my hair and wrapped his hands around my neck. He squeezed my neck, and I began to gasp for air as he mercilessly choked me. My breath grew shorter and the black room began to blur as he showed no signs of releasing any time soon.

"Where...is...it," he huffed as he used all his strength on my neck. I finally gave in, and I allowed the drowsiness to overtake me.