335 days before

'We are having dinner with the Wolfhard's tonight' my fragile mother quickly spoke before shutting the door of my bedroom. A feeling that was unexplainable possessed her body at the idea of spending time with Finn. Their family had been friends for years now, and very rarely they would come together. But when they did even Nick, Finn's older brother would be particularly cautious around Millie. Finn looked up to his brother and followed in most of his footsteps; this was one of them. Millie squealed in excitement, different scenarios of tonight clouding her already dull mind. She crawled over to the cupboard and threw the door open, the wood almost fell off the hinges. She stepped in and skimmed her pale fingers over her hung up dresses. Gasping she ever so gently slipped the material off the pale pink hanger. She hugged the dress to her chest and spun around in the small room softly humming a song. 'I'm in his favourite sundress, watching me get undressed. Take that body downtown' she wistfully spoke swaying her body stepping out of the cupboard. 'I say you're "the bestest",lean in for a big kiss. Put his favourite perfume on' she sung, her voice becoming lower as the words lingered in the air. 'Go play a video game' she shrugged slightly, by now she was in front of her mirror. 'It's you, it's you.'she sang now monotonous. 'It's all for you' she whispered looking down at her bare feet. She rose her head up and looked back at her reflection. Slowly she tugged at her black hoodie and slipped it over her head. 'I tell you all the time', taking a glance at her naked body she placed the black dress over her slim arms and looked into her reflection. 'Tell me all the things you wanna do'. The girl slowly spun around lifting her arms around, and this time she really smiled. 'No'a voice spoke in her head. She rubbed at her temples and kneeled down her head between her knees, the tulle of her dress itching at her left cheek. 'Oh Baby now you do' she whispered. She was interrupted by her mother opening the door of her room. 'You ready... Honey?' she asked a hint of nerve laced into each syllable. Millie stood up abruptly and slightly nodded at her mother. She hopped over to her door and picked up a pair of shoes, she walked down her stairs bare foot, scrunching her toes into the carpet. 

I really like this, let me know if you do too.. 

-m