The fault in our school system.

"Ah, home sweet hell." Leo joked along with his friend, watching him stop the fire out of his cigarette. He looked back over at his face and took in every single detail there was. Realizing he was staring, he pulled his eyes away and broke the silence that had formed. "So, why'd you come in so early?"

"Mr.Frey said that my artistic talents are quote unquote exquisite, and that he wants me to do a mural for this hellhole." He found himself scoffing, running a hand through his hair.

"Don't paint corpses." Leo teased, bringing up the subject of Nico's first high school art project which also ended up in him having to take a visit to the school counselor. Yay.

"Oh, fuck you." Nico found himself laughing, a red tinge on his cheeks.

"Nah, that doesn't sound like too much fun." The Hispanic chortled, and swung past Nico and towards the school building. Nico followed warily.

"Whatever," he grumbled, his canvas bag dragging against the pavement.

The two made their way past the.crowds of horrible teenagers who scared the shit outta Leo (MCR reference, booyah.), and into the corridor where their lockers resided. For the first day of school, things were going pretty chill. This was weird, and it probably wouldn't last long. Nico shoved in an earphone, and Leo could hear Marilyn Manson blaring from the one hanging around his neck. He shot Nico a grin. They shared very similar music tastes, but Leo enjoyed the occasional Christina Aguilera ballad. Nico grinned back at him and they shared earphones and sat on the ground as the rest of the students started filing into the hallway.

"Shit, shit, fuck," Nico muttered as he jumped to his feet, the noise of 'Sympathy For The Devil' still filing his mind. He hated when the students fillied in and interrupted his relaxation with his best friends-- His MP3 player and Leo.

"Ugh," Leo groaned, mumbling the chorus of The Rolling Stones song under his breath, glancing at Nico. They pressed their backs against the lockers to avoid future trampling and stepping. Hell was beginning to get crowded, and Nico kept checking the clock-- which meant that the bell would be ringing soon, and they wouldn't be able to see eachother until Math, which was a subject that neither of the two was rather fond of.

First period dragged. Leo had science and Nico had History. Professor Chiron really liked to talk, and kept Nico from leaving class as soon as the bell rang because 'I dismiss you, not the bell'.

He met up with Leo a few minutes later, using his best Prof. Chiron voice.

"Siit doooowwwn Mr. di Angelooooo."

Leo cracked his goofy grin and laughed. "Was it really that bad?"

"Obviously..."

---------------------