Prologue

A/N: I hope ya'll enjoy this! :) HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, in a little town called Lynnwood, there took place an unusual love. It wasn't exactly a prince and a princess or a Romeo and a Juliet type of story, but it was a love story. That is for sure.

Could she really be the one? Am I really in love? Me? I think so. These were the thoughts that ran through Skylar's mind as she watched her sleeping "blue-eyed" beauty from the comfort of her office chair as she quietly played her guitar. The problem was that this beautiful girl wasn't exactly "hers". This beautiful girl, known as Isabella, was her best friend. They met one day at recess in first grade and have been together ever since. They know everything about each other and are seldom seen apart.

Isabella, also known as Bella, knew Skylar was a lesbian. She never did mind gay people, and as a matter of fact, many of their joint friends are also gay. Skylar dated their joint gay friend, Sarah, a few months prior. It ended because Skylar was confused with her feelings for Bella and felt Sarah did not deserve someone who was confused. She didn't tell Sarah what her confusing thoughts were about; only that she needed time to get her mind straight. Sarah completely understood and was relieved because she hadn't felt right for Skylar. She felt that somehow Skylar and her needed to remain best friends instead of engaging in an intimate relationship. She did not tell her out of fear of breaking Skylar's heart. They remained best friends since then.

Anyway, now that you know that, let's get back to the present time...