CHAP1

Charlotte Delali, or Charlie, woke up on a warm summer morning in her pastel blue home in the middle of Colorado. Charlie had long blonde hair that reached her butt, and deep blue eyes she was unusually tall for a fourteen year old, she wasn't much into sports, rather writing and listening to music. She was your average screw-up too.

   "Charlotte Delali! This is the sixth time I called you! It's time for breakfast!" it was mom calling again for Charlie to eat pancakes, well at least they weren't waffles, right?

  "Coming." Charlie muttered. She slipped on her boot-cut jeans and pulled her baggy t-shirt that read Delali Plumbing in worn letters. Grabbed her headphones and phone on her way out of her room, plugged in the headphones and started playing Air Catcher by Twenty One Pilots. When she got to the table something was off. Gavin, her brother, was missing. She turned to her mom to ask where he was but before she could say anything she was horrified by what she saw: it wasn't her mom at all, it was the man she had seen in her dreams, the very same one. Large nose, part of his ear was gone, bright green eyes, knocked out teeth.

  "Don't be scared, cupcake. We're going on a little ride." the man smirked to show his ugly teeth.

   "W-w-where's Gavin?"

    "Oh not to worry, sunshine, he's just at school." his smile was bigger now. Before Charlie could run she was knocked out by a baseball bat the stranger seemed to pull out of nowhere.