Best Friend

YOUR POV:

"Y/N!! Are you awake?" I wake up to my mom screaming. Wait what time is it? I grab my phone off my night table and open it. 7.28. FUCK! My school starts at 8. I jump off my bed and change my clothes. I run downstairs and grab an apple.

"Mom? I'll be late if you don't take me to school."

"Let's go then! How didn't you wake up?"

"I have no idea. We better hurry." I've never been late from school in my life.

......

I was late for 10 minutes but gladly Mr. Reynolds didn't kill me.

Oh crap it's Wednesday. I promised to hang with Lauren today. And I look sooooo ugly...

I walk to the music classroom and she is already sitting there.

"Hi." I say and throw my bag on the floor. She smiles. "Hello Y/N. How are you?"

"Well, how does it look like? I was late from class because my alarm didn't go off. I look like I blew up." I joked awkwardly.

She smiles and says "It happens. I mean, I've definitely experienced it.".

She takes her notebook from her bag and starts playing the piano. I focus on listening her playing. It sounds so calm and it makes me feel vulnerable. Then she starts singing. I get goosebumps, she sounds like an angel.

"How was it?" She asked and woke me up from my thoughts. "Uhm...it was wonderful. It made me feel so calm and vulnerable." I say honestly. "Vulnerable? How?" She looks at me questioning. "It just hits me right into my soul." She gives me a sad smile and asks "Is it about your friend?" Man, how can she always know what's going on? "Yeah, probably." I look down. She indicates me to sit next to her on the piano bench. I try to play it. She smiles in a cute way and takes my hands and inserts them correctly on the tiles. I get a tickly feeling when she touches my hands.

*ring ring*

The fucking bell..

"Hey, can I have your number?" Lauren asks.

I nod and we exchange numbers. I named her as "The Green-Eyed Goddess💚".

"See ya Laurz." I say while she runs to her friends.

LAUREN'S POV:

Yes, it's Wednesday! I get to jam with Y/N. She's so understanding and down-to-earth. Damn, I wanted to text her but I forgot to ask her number.

I walked into the music classroom a bit earlier than we agreed but she won't care. I see her coming in. She looks drained and like she hasn't had her morning coffee. "Hello Y/N." I greet her and start playing the piano. She looks so fascinated listening me playing. That's why I'm happy that I can have a friend like that, who's really interested in what I do.

"How was it?" I asked her and I was waiting for a true opinion. "Uhm..it was wonderful. It made me feel calm and vulnerable." Vulnerable? "Vulnerable? How?" I wanted to ask her because I know she would know how to explain it. "It just hits me right into my soul." She says and I give her a small sad smile. "Is it about your friend?" She looks down and silently answers "Yeah, probably." I don't want to see a person like her sad. She doesn't deserve it.

I want to make her feel better so I indicate her to sit next to me. She sits down and plays the piano randomly. I smile and take her hands to my hands. I get a stingy shot of it. Her hands are freezing cold. I insert her fingers correctly on the tiles and let her play. The sound her playing produces makes her smile.

*ring ring*

The fucking bell..

I grab my bag and remember what I meant to ask. "Hey, can I have your number?"