Behind the Door

Most cheerleaders live behind the doors, hide their true personality. But I'm not talking about the cheerleaders who are on the the sidelines of every game, shaking their pom-poms. I'm talking about the one who spend all their after school time in a stuffy gym, spending their whole night with their 2nd family. The ones that people don't really think about, don't really know about. 

"So, you excited for you're first day?" my dad asks as he pours himself a cup of coffee. I shrug chewing my bowl of cereal. I really wasn't looking forward to my new school, but I didn't want to put that burden on him. "Well you better get moving, wouldn't want to be late your first day" he says winking at me. I take my last bite of cereal and throw the stuff in the sink. "Bye dad." I hug and kiss him good-bye and sprint out of the house. Right as I step outside the bus comes rolling down the street.

I step on the bus and look around at my current class mates. I sit down at the front of the bus and pull out my phone. I didn't want to sit with anyone I didn't know. As I scroll through the last pictures on Instagram a big load of people come on and they have to double up with everyone, including me. A really pretty girl sat down next to me and turned towards me. 

She is a few inches taller than me with long, bright, red hair. She has frekles all over her face and arms and she is really beautiful. "Hi I'm Christy!" she says with a bright perfect smile on her face. She really must be confident. I smile and quietly say "My name's Sarai" I turn back to my phone. Right as I turn my phone on though it's out of my hands. I look up to find it in Chrissy's hands. "It's the first day and if I'm not wrong, you're new." she hands me back my phone. "It's a small school and I know everyone. So what brings you here?" I flash back to what my dad said to cover up the truth. "Well my dad got a new job and we were able to upgrade to a bigger house" I say trying to keep it simple. She smiles as she replies "That's awesome. So hey what's your schedule?" I take my bag and open it up to the front of my binder. "Here," I say handing her the binder "thats my schedule on the front" pointing to the list of classes. She compares our schedules. "We have chorus, math science and english together!" she turns to me, beaming. I already like her.