Untitled Part 1

In this world full of blasphemous and melancholy things, wherever you look around, there is. There is something you don't want to see. There are people living under the desolated bridge. They spend their day inhaling the awful scent of the river with the stinky garbage flowing on it and spend their night with just a dim light coming from the moon. Children who were inhaling intoxicated things. Beggars who are sleeping so tight with their bended knees just to survive the cold breeze and when they woke up, another battle will they faced. Murders, crimes, broken families and even death are manifesting in this world. This world is a mess. It seems to be hopeless. So let me ask you, where do you can find hope in a world like this?

I scrolled down my blog that was published a year ago. I've sighed.

I looked beside my table, it was there. Our family picture, the picture where all of us are smiling thoroughly. I've sighed. It's been a year, it's been a year since that incident happen.

Since the day I was born, church became my second home. My mom and dad brought me at the church every Sunday. It isn't a routine to us but it is our life. When I was five years old, my dad taught me to sing praises and worships to God. So when, the church has an activity, my dad pushes me to sing. Being with my dad makes me feel that I am a crowned princess just like what I've watched in the television. My parents are servants of God and I am a living witness of their hard work and perseverance just to win souls and bring back the long lost people in the presence of God. They always brought me when they are sharing the word of God. They don't care about how far it is, because they care to the life of the people. Persecutions are one of the struggles they faced in serving God but they never give up because they have the promise of God they are holding to.

I was thinking, why? Why do they do that? What thing makes them to continue what they are doing if they doesn't benefited at all? It doesn't make sense. They are wasting their time without compensation? One day, I asked my mom about that. But then, my mom told me that when I grew up, I will soon understand what they are doing.

Our family is a quite simple one. We aren't that rich but we are happy enough with this family that is God given gift. As my parents continue to serve God throughout their lives, God doesn't leave us. But as they say life isn't all about the joyous moments.

When I was on my third grade, my father needs to go abroad for our needs to be satisfied enough and since that day our life has changed.

"Kaye, the breakfast is ready"

I came back to my senses when Jenny called me.

"Okay, I will follow later. I'm just cleaning up a few things here."

I've sighed.

"Severe crisis in Taiwan was extremely affecting the OFW's there. The spokesperson give his statement that it has a massive possibility that the OFW's will be deported back in the Philippines" – News Report

My mom suddenly turned off the television, go to her room and shut the door. I don't have any idea what is happening because I was just eight years old that time. I knocked to her room but she didn't answer nor open the door. I lend my ears at the door and I heard her sobs. I gently open the door and walked towards her. She is crying. I hugged her so tight and that makes her cry even more. I don't know why but there is something in my heart that seems to be tearing apart. My mom cupped my face and told me the reason why.

When my father goes to Abroad, my mom lends an enormous amount of money from a Lending Company to pay the placement fee of my father. Unfortunately, crisis in abroad happened. Meaning, there is a chance that my dad will be deported soon and they will be not able to pay the Lending Company. That day, the Lending Company texted my mom that if they will not be able to return the cash, they will be arrested and put in jail. It seems to be hopeless that time. There are uncertainties that might happen; there is no assurance at all. There is no assurance that my dad will not be chosen to the one of the OFW's that will be deported back. The only thing they can do that time is to hold on to their prayer. Hold on to God. Hold on to His promises to us.